Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXP Supercharger/Steel Washers/Warranty

Hello all, a friend of mine just bought an '06 RXP brand new from a local dealer. After about 15 hours the SC went out.

He called the dealer to get info about repairs and they said that if he bought the steel washers they would install them, but it would void their 4 year warranty. Is this true? Has anyone else gone through something like this?

It seems weird that something which would IMPROVE reliability and keep the Ski out of the shop voids the warranty. Is the dealer feeding him a line, or is this really the case?

Thanks.

+1
    have the guy get it fixed and put ceramics back in the day he gets it back have him put the metals in himself and the dealer wont even be able to tell..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff7477 View Post
    Hello all, a friend of mine just bought an '06 RXP brand new from a local dealer. After about 15 hours the SC went out.

He called the dealer to get info about repairs and they said that if he bought the steel washers they would install them, but it would void their 4 year warranty. Is this true? Has anyone else gone through something like this?

It seems weird that something which would IMPROVE reliability and keep the Ski out of the shop voids the warranty. Is the dealer feeding him a line, or is this really the case?

Thanks.
    I guess this dealer hasn't heard the news. The 08 models will come from the factory with steel washers

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I guess this dealer hasn't heard the news. The 08 models will come from the factory with steel washers
    Sweet!....Are they buying them from you!!!!????!!!!

if they were, im sure we would of all have received checks for $500 each by now lol
    Last edited by BlaZinMJ; 05-22-2007 at 08:59 AM. Reason: i quoted wrong thing

hi i have a 06 rxp and i enquired with my dealer about changing washer and bearing and he told me if i done that my warraty would be viod he words were if it is not broke dont fix it and as it is under warranty he told me to ride on and i am in ireland by the way so it must be the same world over

My clutch was slipping last spring,(among other things,long story),and the dealer replaced my washers.I asked them that if I bought the metal washers would they install them,I was told no and the mechanic was even rude about it.Sea Doo service Depts are oblivious.Pretty pathetic that these "qualified" techs know less than the average Joe on GreenHulk.net but it sure speaks volumes for the gang here!!

Quote Originally Posted by BertInTexas View Post
    My clutch was slipping last spring,(among other things,long story),and the dealer replaced my washers.I asked them that if I bought the metal washers would they install them,I was told no and the mechanic was even rude about it.Sea Doo service Depts are oblivious.Pretty pathetic that these "qualified" techs know less than the average Joe on GreenHulk.net but it sure speaks volumes for the gang here!!
    Thankyou you just saved me a ton of time!

...We found that it depended on WHICH dealer you spoke to!

The dealer who eventually fitted ours told me his is factoring in the price of fitting metal washers in all SC Sea-Doo's he will take in part exchange in future!

+1
    bic is correct! It just depends on the dealer. In fact, i supply metal washers to alot of dealers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information