Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Washers grenading.......Any warning?

So does ur machine give u any warning to the washers going? I mean does it start making any weird noises, SC slippage???

My buddy has a 06 with 44hrs and his SC was slipping yesterday we think. He did have 2 people on it though, not sure if that matters.

We both have jerry's washers but the mechanic has been busy and we dont get in to see him till this week but what if any warning are there.

thanks guys

+1
    The warning is the numerous posts on this board involving expensive fixes resulting from ceramic washer failures. Consider that sufficient warning and get those things out of your ski ASAP!

Biotch better have my money rain or shine LiquidDI's Avatar
    I let mine sit 3 weeks this year before I rode it. Waited until I had Jerry's washers in. It's either wait a little or wait the whole summer to have the engine pulled out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 06viperrxp View Post
    So does ur machine give u any warning to the washers going? I mean does it start making any weird noises, SC slippage???

My buddy has a 06 with 44hrs and his SC was slipping yesterday we think. He did have 2 people on it though, not sure if that matters.

We both have jerry's washers but the mechanic has been busy and we dont get in to see him till this week but what if any warning are there.

thanks guys
    when the metal washers start to slip you just loose RPM's/boost. Are you losing RPM's?

+1
    Jerry, I think he's saying he wants to know how to tell if the ceramics are slipping and that he's holding off putting your metal ones in but won't ride the ski if it's about to bust.

+1
    ah yes, i just read that a bit slower

No warning with the ceramics. Just an instant drop to 6400 RPM's (The kiss of death)

waiver

people should have to sign a waiver when they become a member of this site that they have installed metal washers in there ski or they are not allowed to sign up

Just for the record Im not being a newb and taking my chances, I owned my machine for 1 day before I order up jerrys washers, bearing and strainer. The ? was for a buddy who took his machine out before putting the washers in, he isnt driving it until he does it, which he also already has the washers. I was asking more for personal knowledge as too weather u get any notice.

+1
    Just put the metal washers in, there is no warning at all. Like Jerry said it is the kiss of death!

Don't do the same thing I did. I had the metal washers sitting in the package for a month. The ceramics grenaded on me within that time. I have the pictures of doom if you want to see what happens.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information