Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New to the board Melbourne Fl

Been checking this board a lot but haven't posted. I traded my 05 GPR 1300 on a blue 250X, been out a couple times in the rough intercoastal we have been having lately. My GPR used more fuel than anybody elses machine I usually ride with, so I figured this 4 stroke would be at least the same or better ( I made the mistake of thinking it was like the Honda or RXP and I was wrong). I must say I'm happy with the way it rides the chop, but not impressed with the speed or the consumption. Great out of the hole, but full throttle from half throttle is unimpressive. My stock GPR would almost rip my arms off when going from half throttle cruise to full throttle, this ultra does almost nothing under the same circumstances. I haven't had the chance to GPS it yet, wedge is on order.

Although I am unimpressed by comparison, and buying it in February before feedback was available, I do like the way it holeshots, and how rides the chop without coming unhooked, I just thought from early reviews we wouldn't be so hard pressed to find a way for them to exceed averages of 65-66 mph. I know big red monster had 70 + GPS but it seems to be the the exception far from the norm. I thought I'd have a little edge on my buddies RXP, but hell, he can simply do a stage one and blow our doors off with fuel leftover for another day....

Other than that, I'm stuck to enjoy it for a while!!! Just wish the wind would knock it off a bit, obviously the Ultra doesn't care but my friends ski's do!

Whats up, im new here also. Ive only ridden mine one time but really like it so far. The lake we ride gets some pretty big chop so this ski fits in great. Everyone needs to remember the rxp has been out since what 04 so the doos have had alot more time to perfect their game. Give it time, the X has alot of potential. Can you really even compare the P to the X? The P is a 2 seater and has adj trim where the X doesnt. Hell I dont care who beats me, I almost got the rxp then changed my mind to the rxt then changed it once again to the X. Also you got fuel leftover its just in the bottom of tank where the pickup cant get to it.

Welcome to the board guys.

Curtis

+1
    Welcome to the forum !

I bought it because of being a three seater vs my GPR, married now, and the GPR is a one person ski, don't care who you are. I've ridden RXP's and although they are fast, they are unstable in the chop. The GPR loved the chop as long as you wanted to ride aggressively, the RXP seemed to skate and get loose on it's center of gravity, I don't know how to explain it other than it seemed like riding a pogo stick at 60+ mph and having to concentrate too hard on what the hell you were doing. The GPR cut through exactly where you aimed it, and well, the 250 barrels like a Scarab off shore, which I like. I think I'll grow to like it a little better with some more time, I just thought it was going to be closer to 70 stock than mid 60's. And the longer I have it the more it bothers me that it doesn't have adjustable trim, for the price and the competition it should be a standard item?

Maybe after the wedge and the getting into the important stuff like oil level and such I'll feel a little better

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by efizjb View Post
    I bought it because of being a three seater vs my GPR, married now, and the GPR is a one person ski, don't care who you are. I've ridden RXP's and although they are fast, they are unstable in the chop. The GPR loved the chop as long as you wanted to ride aggressively, the RXP seemed to skate and get loose on it's center of gravity, I don't know how to explain it other than it seemed like riding a pogo stick at 60+ mph and having to concentrate too hard on what the hell you were doing. The GPR cut through exactly where you aimed it, and well, the 250 barrels like a Scarab off shore, which I like. I think I'll grow to like it a little better with some more time, I just thought it was going to be closer to 70 stock than mid 60's. And the longer I have it the more it bothers me that it doesn't have adjustable trim, for the price and the competition it should be a standard item?

Maybe after the wedge and the getting into the important stuff like oil level and such I'll feel a little better

Get the wedge and Jims Performance ride plate mod, and you wont miss the trim.

Welcome! I'm from Melbourne as well. Where do you normally ride?

+1
    Welcome to the forum!!

We ride the Indian River up a few miles north in Titusville. Mostly every Sunday we set up bouys next to Max Brewer Causeway and cookout and ride all day. When the water is up we ride the St. Johns as well all the way to Lone Cabbage Fish Camp in Cocoa.

+1
    Welcome to the forum. Our club, the Space Coast Jet Riders is having a River Rally on the Indian River on Saturday, June 9th. You local Melbourne guys should try and attend. It will be held at Rotary Park, Suntree which is on US-1 just north of the Pineda Causeway. Lots of prizes, free hot dogs and burgers and we should have some demo skis to try out. Contact me for more info.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by way2fast View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Our club, the Space Coast Jet Riders is having a River Rally on the Indian River on Saturday, June 9th. You local Melbourne guys should try and attend. It will be held at Rotary Park, Suntree which is on US-1 just north of the Pineda Causeway. Lots of prizes, free hot dogs and burgers and we should have some demo skis to try out. Contact me for more info.

Richard
    Het Richard! My wife and I will be there! We're about a mile south of Pineda.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information