Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hit 58MPH on the water with new Intake..

Well i finally finished my new intake kit... I will improve on it with time, I just have to find some better materials..(i will post some pics of it later)

I have found the speedo is more accurate with the less people you have and the smoother the water..after filling in the gap with silicone like i was told to on another post (i have not however backed this up with a GPS)

I was out yesturday with the girlfriend, and we hit 58mph twice on the water at around 8100rpm (we felt like we were flying, i even passed a smaller baja boat)

I dont think it excellerates faster, but it could , it is hard to tell..

Uh oh, got me some competition! I'm just about complete with my intake design, but because of other priorities, I think it will still be about a month before I'm done. You gotta get you a GPS though; you know you can't be braggin' about 58mph here without that! You don't have to go like I did with the $400 76CSx, just a 80 dollar job will do.

Quote Originally Posted by VX1 View Post
    Uh oh, got me some competition! I'm just about complete with my intake design, but because of other priorities, I think it will still be about a month before I'm done. You gotta get you a GPS though; you know you can't be braggin' about 58mph here without that! You don't have to go like I did with the $400 76CSx, just a 80 dollar job will do.
    Ya i know... but i figure these speedos read low, so i couldnt possibly be exagerating..

Where can you get a GPS for $80..??

Here are the pics..

Nice thing about this stuff is it fits tight together..

I purchased a Airfliter from the local parts store($25) and ordered a 4"to3.5" rubber 90 from ebay($30) and some left over intercooler pipe from my camaro project.

I do plan on changing out one of the pieces after i get a 4" to 3" adapter (right now i just have the red 3 inch hose shuved in the 4" Y-pipe and held together with zip-ties)

Yes i did copy this design from VX1... THANKS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01506 (600 x 450).jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	25597   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01503 (600 x 450).jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	25598  

No problem, that's the design that has worked best for me, after a multitude of different tries. I'm going back to it, but just going to try to take in fresh air too.

$80 GPS... E-bay, of course, but even Wal-mart at $88.

-Scott

I have the spectre filter and modular tube kit on order.. I'm tracking to do the same, but will leave the stock SC boot and run the "Y" tube, filter and connectors as a system to replace the stock plastic part between the stock boots. The hope is to be able swap it out easily when needing service at the dealer. Do you think I will see similar gains w/ the stock SC inlet boot? I will post pics when I get it installed, yellow filter and silicone couplers w/ chrome plated ABS tubes should look clean.

DJ

DJ

VX!.. i just bought a used Garmin GPS off of ebay for $100.. (i forgot to mention my speeds were with the Bimini top in the upright possition (but not open)

You should see the same gains as i have.. mine runs both the big filter and also into the stock air box..

UPDATE.. i recorded 59.4mph on my GPS yesturday going down river on the mississippi river!!..

Then i sucked up a shell and ruined my wear ring.. UGGGG

I am glad to hear things are going well for you minus the shell of course, nows the time to upgrade though! I dont remember if you said you did the metal washers but if you havent you had better do them soon, the clock is ticking!

We can do better than that! Load up, and we'll head for Niagara River; bet we can hit 120!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information