Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

No power possible hydrolock

I am brand new and have lots of questions but will start with the most urgent. We have a 95 sl 750 or what ever it is (the white and pinkish red one) A buddy towed it behind another ski when he ran it out of gas. Re-fueled started up and no power. I know he did not clamp any hoses. Is this symptomatic of hydrolock and how do I repair it. I removed the plugs and hit the starter but no water came out. I have not been able to tip it over to see if any comes out. Any and all advice is welcomed

It is not hydro locked. If it was it would not even turn over. Now with running it out of fuel there is a chance that it was leaned out and burned a hole in the piston or other damage. You need to do a compression check and check the health of the engine. And WElcome to the HULK!!!!!!

I was thinking that since the intake was not clamped off for the tow, it could have taken in water. It seems to idle fine and sounds fine but has no power. When you throttle it, you only get about 20mph if that. Once I realized I was not going to blow anything out and have it run normal, I put it up. But what I am hearing is that is would make no sense to roll it over with the plugs out to see if any water drains out.

If it was hydro locked it would not even crank over. Also with the stock exhaust it is near impossible to get water into it just buy towing it. It sounds like you have a problem elsewear. It might be a fuel pump, carb issue or someting else.

+1
    Hello tryintolearn, WELCOME to the Green Hulk Forum!! I like your screen name.
    I'd start with a compression check and indexing the crank.
    When you first tried to start it did it just click and then kind of click a couple more times and then start?
    Maybe it's still doesn't have fuel through the entire fuel system yet?

I was not the one that actually first started it post tow. When I started it a week after incident it started normal and I ran it for about 5 minutes so I can't imagine it didn't get fuel through the entire system. If you have not figured it out, I'm looking for the quick and easy fix that may not exist.

While I got you guys, the other ski is a 97 slx and it runs rough at low rpm but wide open is great. It kind of misses when at lower rpms and even when you back off the throttle.

Just got these at the end of last summer and I changed the plugs in both and in the slx I cleaned the carbs.

Thanks for the input.

+1
    Which plugs did you install, what gap and did you verify the plug caps are good? 5Kohms

I don't remember which plugs but I know it is the correct ones because I had to go all over town before I found them. Maybe I should change the plugs again.

I know anything is possible but I link the problem to running out of fuel and towing because that is the only 2 things that happened since it was running fine.

Check or change the fuel filter! Some are cleanable and the older ones are disposable! give us your hin # Z

For starters, the 97 is actually a 98

PLE04188D898

PLE39332F595

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information