Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Need help with how to pull pump and clean

I own a 2005 RXP SeaDoo supercharged two seater. Nice. Last year - our last time out on the lake - always only on freshwater - here in MO - pulled up to the shore line area of a lake. I know we were in at least 5 feet of water - Bike was off - just floating. Before we started it back up - we were waiting for my daughter - we pushed it back out further into deeper water. But when we did - noticed all this muddy water mixing up around us.

Didn't go very far at all - noticed that all the throttle was gone. It would run about 10mph - but not above that. Engine sounded odd. I shut it down immediately. Swam it back to shore and loaded it up and were done for the day.

Went to take it back where we bought it - Harley dealership that sold SeaDoo's - was told they no longer did business with SeaDoo. Great.

So anyway - we are figuring that we must have dirt or something in our pump. How do you pull that out and clean it? You are seriously dealing with idiots here - bought the thing figuring we had some place to service it - and they are not in business anymore. Closest dealer around is 150 miles away. Tried to buy a manual and was pointed in this direction.

Any help would be appreciated. Like step by step instruction would be great - or tell us where to buy a book on it or whatever - but we have to now learn to do this ourselves.

have never done any maintenance on this thing. Interesting story - it sunk the first day we had it. Folded over misplaced O-Ring in exhaust manifold - Seadoo paid to completely check it out and fix it. Guy said he never saw anything like it in 30 years of doing business - now they don't do business.

So how do you clean out the pump - pull the pump - I am pretty handy with tools - had five brothers - can rebuild car engines - surely I can work on this - but I need some pretty detailed directions. Please help me.
    Last edited by Coleybear; 05-28-2007 at 01:11 AM.

There are four bolts holding the pump to the hull. You also have to undo the three cables. Steering, Reverse, and trim.

This tells you step by step how to remove the pump. Follow the "Removing Pump" steps. My guess would be that your wear ring is toast and prob have stuff jammed in the pump. The only way to know is to get it out and look. It's a very easy job. I actually did it today in about half an hour
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=536

The pictures at the bottom of this page will give you an idea of what your look at/for. Its instructions for add a wedge but has some pictures to get you started. The first two show the three cables you will have to remove to get the pump out. The four bolts you see in the third picture are the ones you will want to remove. (Two of them are high and two low)
    http://69.28.79.48/Instructions/rs23050.pdf

If you need more detailed pictures I will be messing with my ski on Thursday so just let me know and I will take some for you then. I'm sure someone else may have them or is closer to their ski and can run out and take them. (Steve or Sean)

Hey man thanks - that is going to be a huge help and I think we can handle that. You said the Wear Ring would probably be toast - where do you buy that? Through here - BRP - where do you go - I am sure the local auto part shop doesn't have that stuff. Thanks.

I will let you know if I have any more issues. Hey thanks again man - maybe the old man will be quiet now.

V-Tec, 4-Tech that's how I roll meirvin's Avatar
    +1
    yes you can purchase wear rings thru the online store

You can buy are replacement just like the plastic one that is in it:

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=518

Or you can get a Stainless Steel One if you like.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=401

This tells you how to change your wear ring the easy way

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=808

Hope that helps,
    Bret

+1
    Colbybear, do yourself a favor and read as many threads as you can in the "how to" forum. Just about anything you need to know about your ski, maintenance and repairs is addressed there.

Thanks guys - just about printed out my own manual - But just a few more questions - so when I am on with this online store - I order everything I need:

I have the 05 RXP SeaDoo 4 Tec Supercharged -

1) Is it best to just go with the Stainless Steel - Versus even trying to put back in a plastic one?

2) Take it I have to buy this "Impeller Tool"

3) Blue and/or Red Loctite - WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?

4) Anti Seize - Again - WHAT IS THAT?

I just don't want to get this thing apart and be like - oh - gotta order some more stuff - want to get it all the first time I am on the line. At least you all got the old man to stop the [email protected]# - ing - well that and I got his mind off it by other methods as well

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coleybear View Post
    Thanks guys - just about printed out my own manual - But just a few more questions - so when I am on with this online store - I order everything I need:

I have the 05 RXP SeaDoo 4 Tec Supercharged -

1) Is it best to just go with the Stainless Steel - Versus even trying to put back in a plastic one? I like plastic for stock craft. Highly moddified craft benefit more from the SS version. I'd rather have to replace a plastic ring every season than have to repair the impeller. Over time you will have to repair the prop with a SS ring. Impeller and ring make contact, so something has to give. One wears, with plastic, or both wear with SS. (this is an opinion, take it for what it's worth)

2) Take it I have to buy this "Impeller Tool" No, just follow the instructions in the "How to" section and you'll be fine.

3) Blue and/or Red Loctite - WHAT THE HECK IS THAT? It's a special "glue" that goes on the threads of screws/bolts to lock them in place and prevent them from loosening. Go to you'll local hardware or auto store and ask for it. The colors are just different levels of hold. Blue is removable and is what you'll use most often. Red is permanent and more difficult to remove when the occasion calls for it.

4) Anti Seize - Again - WHAT IS THAT? Anti seize is a special lubricant of sorts that once again goes on threads of screw/bolts that are frequently removed. It prevents rusting/corroding of the bolts so you don't break anything when you try to remove it later. Ever try to remove a rusted bolt/screw? It is not to be used on the same bolt at the same time as loctite. It's used most often on bolts exposed to elements or in high torque (really tightened) bolts.

I just don't want to get this thing apart and be like - oh - gotta order some more stuff - want to get it all the first time I am on the line. At least you all got the old man to stop the [email protected]# - ing - well that and I got his mind off it by other methods as well GOOD FOR YOU!!! Got details? JK/LOL

Answers/opinions above.

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar

Question

did you ever just climb underneath and look up through the intake grate for large debris, before you go through all this stuff??? Sounds almost like you're just stuck up with seaweed....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information