MDF interchangelable?

Got a question for you Guru's.

I tried look9ing up the part but didnt see it, but that still not saying Im 100% sure I know what Im looking at.

Im trying to find out if the MDF's are compatable from a 95 to go on a 94. I know there will be a difference in the cable length but just curious if anyone had done or knows anything about this.

Another question I got which cant seem to find anythign here on it. The throttle. Is there anyways to change it from the thumb lever to twist style system similar to a motocycle.

Thanks in advance.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    The 94 to 95 MFD should be the same. However, a SL and a SLT display is different in style. The twist throttle hasn't really come up too much. Most people go to the finger throttle rather than the hassle of modifying a twist. Here's a nice trick "The Boys" taught me, spin your thumb throttle around to make it a finger style.

Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    The 94 to 95 MFD should be the same. However, a SL and a SLT display is different in style.

I only ask because I got one and havent made it by to try and plug it in yet. The connector looks similar. My MDF is out on the 94 and I have one from a 95 not sure if it works but worth a try.(Could customise something if I had too.) Im also watching one on ebay that is for the 94 SL.

Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Here's a nice trick "The Boys" taught me, spin your thumb throttle around to make it a finger style.
    Should have known I could have done something simple.

Thanks for the info

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    I'm going to assume you checked the fuse on the bad one? And if so, have you tried the reset procedure found in the tech section?

Im guessing you are talking about this one?

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showpost...16&postcount=9

The MFD doesnt even power on so I wouldnt be able to get any display. Yes the fuse is good. Going from ground to power on the connector I got the proper voltage.

I just printed that out and on my way in from work tommorow Im gonna give it a try. Im also going to take the MFD form the 95 to give it a try. The only problem I got with this ski is the MFD and the trim buit I read somewhere on here that on some model if the MFD quit so will the trim. Maybe Im being picky wanting everything to work perfect. ......nah maybe not. Im mostly happy being a new jet ski owner amd haveing a blast at it and learning what ever I can. Already been out 3 weekends of the last 4.

I can help ya out with this one. The MFD in my slx was bad. (fogged up, and just quit working all together) Well after searching on ebay and trying to find the exact same one I came up empty handed. As it turns out Al (ph20) had one to sell me only it didnt have the trim gauge like my old one did, and at first i was unsure if i wanted it being a new jet ski owner my self i thought the gauge would need to be on there. Al sent it to me and it works 100% and as far as there being no gauge u really just move the trim up and down till it quits porpusing so all is good. just make sure it has the right amount of pins, i think there is a 8pin and a 12pin

Just got home and went by to try resetting the mdf on the 94. Didnt work. I know I had the proper voltage as I checked it out this last weekend. I had the mdf from the 95 pluged it and and BINGO!!

Now I got to reroute the wires to reach the handlebars and use the pad that it belongs in. Although I am watching one on ebay that would be the same one. for $50 right now. I see one similar to the one I got going for over $200.

I got another question about the mdf though. When I pluged it in and was flipping through the modes. I noticed it said 59.9 hours. Would I assue that those are the hours from the ski I got it from?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rfjr23 View Post
    I noticed it said 59.9 hours. Would I assume that those are the hours from the ski I got it from?
    You'd assume correctly.

Thread Information