Thread: pump wedge

pump wedge

Anyone know if the pump wedge for the ski's will fit onto our pump?

I checked the part numbers for the impeller housing between the boat and the ski and they are different. The ski's are 267000084. The 05 I have is 267000083 and then 06 and up changed the impeller housing to 26700084 like the ski's. Anyone know if there is a change or if they just unified a part number? My boat is an 05 sporster btw.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=298
    Last edited by venompwr2; 05-21-2007 at 11:32 PM.

The pump wedge fits the 05 SCIC. There is a member from another forum that is running it on his. Not sure if the pump housings for the 155 & 215 are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by D Lo View Post
    The pump wedge fits the 05 SCIC. There is a member from another forum that is running it on his. Not sure if the pump housings for the 155 & 215 are the same.
    The part numbers for them are the same, so I would assume so. I am kind of paranoid about putting certain parts on to end up having them not fit.

I'm wondering how well the wedge works for the boats, with more hull area in the water (compared to a ski). It would seem to me, that even if you're able to get some of the hull out of the water, what's remaining submerged is at a greater angle of attack in relation to the water, and that would produce more drag to negate any benefit of less hull in the water???

I know it's not exactly the same as using the wedge, but for those that don't know, you can adjust your steering nozzle up 5 degrees by removing it and flipping the bottom washer around. I was not impressed with the performance or handling when I did that.

I have the wake tower on my 05 Sporster SCIC, and wondered if this wedge would create a bigger wake at the lower speeds due to the bow being higher. Has anyone experienced this?

Djames, if im correct the lower the bow is the more water is moved out of the way, therefore making a bigger wake.

Just Say No!!!

Guy's I put two degrees wedge plates in my 2005 Speedster and it rips but any kind of wind / wake and the boat will just start to hop like crazy... and you will also lose some of the handling which is one of the best things about the boats. But if you still want to try I have two wedge plates I'll sell you...lol

Quote Originally Posted by somefun View Post
    Guy's I put two degrees wedge plates in my 2005 Speedster and it rips but any kind of wind / wake and the boat will just start to hop like crazy... and you will also lose some of the handling which is one of the best things about the boats. But if you still want to try I have two wedge plates I'll sell you...lol
    Good to know, I may think about this mod a bit more before trying it.

But I wonder if the handling on my boat would be effected differently than yours was, as it is much shorter and has one engine and less power.
    Last edited by venompwr2; 05-30-2007 at 12:15 AM.

Thread Information