Removing Stator Pump and Carbs

Hey guys. you helped me a bunch so far and im coming for more.

First, im trying to remove the Stator pump off the back of my 95 Polaris SL750 so I can sell it (parting out hte ski) and I removed the nozzles and removed the 4 nuts holding the pump on and i pull and it doesnt budge. After some prying and pulling some more I got it to wiggle left right up down but it still wont come off. Is there something im missing or a tip or trick anyone has? I pulled the pumps off my sea doos all the time never with this much trouble. This skis been sitting for a while though so maybe that si it.

Second. Anyone have any tips on getting the top nuts off the carbs? I can get to the bottom ones but not the top ones.

Thanks for your help yet again.

Mike

The pumps tend to seize together and need a little bit of convincing to separate.

I've found the best way to split the pump assembly is to remove the whole thing form the ski first. There's a couple of spots that you can then beat on from the other side that will allow the stator portion to come off.

To remove the pump assembly take out the 4 nuts inside the hull, remove the steering/trim cables if applicable, and pull out!

well i already removed the nozzles so the steering and trim cables are already unhooked as well as the two rubber hoses. I didnt know the stator portion came off as well. So there is 3 parts to the pump assembly? I removed the 4 nuts all the way in the back of the ski that mounts the pump to the ski and i got it to wiggle around but it wont come out. im wondering if the driveshaft and pump siezed together?

Also anyone have any tips about the carb nuts?

Thanks

Is this a fuji engine?

If so, for the carb nuts I would go all along the bottom of the intake manifold and remove the intake manifold bolts from the bottom. Then take out the carb nuts, much easier. Don't stick to fat a wrench head on them or they won't come out. A socket should fit just fine.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetcoupe View Post
    Hey guys. you helped me a bunch so far and im coming for more.

First, im trying to remove the Stator pump off the back of my 95 Polaris SL750 so I can sell it (parting out hte ski) and I removed the nozzles and removed the 4 nuts holding the pump on and i pull and it doesnt budge. After some prying and pulling some more I got it to wiggle left right up down but it still wont come off. Is there something im missing or a tip or trick anyone has? I pulled the pumps off my sea doos all the time never with this much trouble. This skis been sitting for a while though so maybe that si it.
    You removed the water supply and syphon hose(s) from the inside of the hull at the back of the pump? If so and everything else is loose the driveshaft may be bound up on the rubber between the driveshaft and impeller.

Second. Anyone have any tips on getting the top nuts off the carbs? I can get to the bottom ones but not the top ones.
    If you are talking about the nuts that actually mount the carbs to the manifold, they are a little tricky. Mikuni sells a wrench as do a variety of repair/performance shops. I have a 12mm wrench that I heated and bent, which works killer, sometimes you'll need to use a very thin box style wrench to break them loose. Try Randy at Watcon.

Thanks for your help yet again.

Mike
    Let us know how you do!

Al,

Scary to see me replying to Fuji projects now too huh?

+1
    LOL Good to see you here period buddy!!!

I did not remove anything from the inside of the hull, thats what my problem is then thanks a lot!

For the carbs, I figured id start ripping the engine apart and id be able to get a better view of them. I cant even feel the bottom ones. And im not sure if its a fuji engine. How do you know.

Sorry guys im a sea doo guy this was just a project for me but thanks for you help and trust me youll know how i did, esp if i run into problems lol

It's the SL750 you talked about in another thread right? If so it's a Fuji.

I just tore one down (SL650, but basically the same) two days ago, and the carb nuts under the intake manifold came out just like I described.

Pull the lower intake manifold bolts (not hard to get to) and you'll have plenty of room to stick a regular 12mm wrench down there to pull those nuts out. I even used an air ratchet down there, fit just fine.

Does anyone know how to get the top manifold bolts off, that connect to the case??

I can get a few of them loose but I really have no room to remove them because of that damn plate that connects all the carbs

Nevermind. I got it off.
    Last edited by SantaCruz163; 05-23-2007 at 04:49 PM.

Thread Information