Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    PrimeVXR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    69
    +1
    3

    13 Inch wheels on 2016 Triton LT Single Place Trailer

    So I would like some input other than what I could research.

    I bought 13 inch wheels which come with thicker tires than my factory 12 inch wheels with 4.80 - 12. So the problem becomes the fenders and fender brackets are sitting too close to the tire. I can not even mount the fender over these wheels at all. I did order a 13 inch wheel fender but still the brackets are worrying me. I thought about cutting and rewelding the brackets. I have a spring suspension and can not raise the height of the frame. I have attached 3 photos to give visual of the situation. If anyone has had experience with this setup or similar please let me know what the best thing would be to do

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5057.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	414612   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5060.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	414613   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5061.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	414614  

  2. #2

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    57
    +1
    2
    I had the exact same problem with the same trailer. My wheels were actually rubbing the fender brackets on the way home from the dealer and that's with no ski on the trailer. I'll take some pics tomorrow of what I did to take care of the problem and post them.

  3. #3
    PrimeVXR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    69
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtide1 View Post
    I had the exact same problem with the same trailer. My wheels were actually rubbing the fender brackets on the way home from the dealer and that's with no ski on the trailer. I'll take some pics tomorrow of what I did to take care of the problem and post them.
    Please do! I will be anxiously waiting lol. I have ordered 13 inch wheel fenders and was thinking to re-weld the brackets for that fender. I'd love to see pics

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    57
    +1
    2
    This is what I did. First I cut the fender brackets off the frame with a hack saw and filed everything smooth. I went online to etrailer.com and bought https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Fen...n/F008563.html (also comes in black ), and galvanized mounting brackets https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...E26098G-2.html. My trailer has a torsion suspension so I used the brackets that the springs mount to and adapted the L bracket to them. The pictures show everything. I think your spring mounts could be used in the same way with some adjusting as to where you mount the L bracket. Good luck in what you decide to do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1034.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	414777   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1035.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	414778   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1037.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	414779   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1038.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	414780   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1039.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	414781  

  5. +1 by:


  6. #5

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    57
    +1
    2
    This type fender does a much better job of keeping road debris from kicking up into the bottom of your ski because the inside of the fender is closed. PS. I called Triton and their answer was that they sell a 1 inch metal block that mounts between the frame and the axle thus raising the frame a inch up,from the wheel. Even when doing this you would still have a fender that's meant for a 12 inch wheel and the ski now sits even higher off the ground making it harder to reach into the ski when on land. Since they sell the trailer with the optional 13 inch wheels, it should come with the right size fender ! Good luck. Any questions just PM me.

  7. #6
    wakejunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SML, VA and RDU
    Posts
    278
    +1
    17
    Yeah I think you will have to get 1" block spacer for axle and probably have enough room for the fender. I wanted to get 13" wheels but realized they wouldn't fit under my 12" fender. I went with 12"x4" HiSpec Series 07 gunmetal with Carlisle ST145R12 tires. The tires can be found in class D or E depending on how much weight you haul. I only needed D for my skis and would think any single trailer would only need D class also. For anyone who wants better wheels on their trailer that use a 12" then go with the 145R12 tire. It really fills out the fender and looks great on mine.

  8. #7
    PrimeVXR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    69
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtide1 View Post
    This type fender does a much better job of keeping road debris from kicking up into the bottom of your ski because the inside of the fender is closed. PS. I called Triton and their answer was that they sell a 1 inch metal block that mounts between the frame and the axle thus raising the frame a inch up,from the wheel. Even when doing this you would still have a fender that's meant for a 12 inch wheel and the ski now sits even higher off the ground making it harder to reach into the ski when on land. Since they sell the trailer with the optional 13 inch wheels, it should come with the right size fender ! Good luck. Any questions just PM me.
    Thanx a lot for the pictures, this is the example I needed I called Triton and was told cant do anything due to spring suspension and yes I realized that exact thing you said, with bigger wheels and raised another inch it would be way too high off the ground. This set up you have is perfect! I have cut the old brackets and I received my 13 inch fender. I will now try to recreate this setup lol.

  9. #8
    PrimeVXR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    69
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by wakejunkie View Post
    Yeah I think you will have to get 1" block spacer for axle and probably have enough room for the fender. I wanted to get 13" wheels but realized they wouldn't fit under my 12" fender. I went with 12"x4" HiSpec Series 07 gunmetal with Carlisle ST145R12 tires. The tires can be found in class D or E depending on how much weight you haul. I only needed D for my skis and would think any single trailer would only need D class also. For anyone who wants better wheels on their trailer that use a 12" then go with the 145R12 tire. It really fills out the fender and looks great on mine.

    I cant go with the block spacer I have a spring suspension. I like that set up you have it does look really nice but I have already received the 13 inch wheels and fenders and cut the original brackets so there is really no point of return for me lol

  10. #9
    wakejunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SML, VA and RDU
    Posts
    278
    +1
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimeVXR View Post
    I cant go with the block spacer I have a spring suspension. I like that set up you have it does look really nice but I have already received the 13 inch wheels and fenders and cut the original brackets so there is really no point of return for me lol
    Well I would think you could flip the spring mount on axle. Meaning if it the axle is mounted on top of spring then a block would raise the axle closer to fender so if you flip the axle under the spring you gain the height of the axle. But anyhow if you cut the brackets off your committed now so go for it and show us how it turns out.

  11. #10
    PrimeVXR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    69
    +1
    3


    Heres the finished product. Did not do any welding, just bolted some custom made brackets to the frame
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5120.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	415135   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5121.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	415136   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5122.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	415138  


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 13 inch wheel/tire on an icatch
    By liquid chicken in forum Towing and Trailers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-09-2017, 08:31 AM
  2. FS 93 640 tigershark on a 95 karavan single place trailer
    By jimfc3 in forum Tigershark Skis
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-18-2016, 07:25 PM
  3. Adding cargo basket and 14 gallon fuel caddy gas tank to Triton LT single trailer
    By superjetpilot in forum Trailer Modification/Projects
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-13-2014, 03:00 PM
  4. FS 93 640 tigershark on a 95 karavan single place trailer
    By jimfc3 in forum Tigershark Skis
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-22-2011, 01:47 PM
  5. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 01:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •