Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bailer Tubes

Bailer Tubes

I looked for them yesterday but couldnt find them. I put my ski back in the water, standing on it tied to the trailer, I can hear water coming into the hull in the rear part. Does anyone have a picture or diagram where the bailer tubes are, I am hoping this is the problem.

+1
    This is the only pic I have and it shows the two tubes in front of the waterbox outlet hose (that big high arcing hose). The others are behind the VTS motor (trim motor). You'll have to take the seat cowling off (the five hex bolts) to access these areas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc02447_286.jpg 
Views:	442 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	96  

+1
    and the other end of the bailer tubs are in the venturi nozzle. I bet your pickup tubes there are missing. If they are you are injecting water into your hull.

Jerry, by looking at your pics it appears that your bailer tubes are no longer secured as they were originally to the hose between the water box and the exhaust outlet. Am I correct If so, then to what did you secure them to

The attached picture is a photo of the bailer tubes in the venturi viewed from the rear of the pump. (two tubes at the top-inside of the venturi)

My guess what happened is, you lost one or both bailer tubes, the pump pressurized the bailer lines inside the hull (instead of making a vaccuum) and blew the lines off the check valves. The bailer plumbing inside the hull is not designed to withstand high pressures. Even if you fasten the lines with stainless worm drive hose clamps, it's possible the lines could rupture under pump pressure.

Check the tubes in the venuri, replace as needed. Then make sure your bailer lines in the hull are secured properly to the check valves. You will probably have to pull the engine compartment shroud off to get to the bailer plumbing in the hull. It is very important to inspect the bailer tubes in the venturi as part of your pre-ride and post/ride checklist.

The bailer tubes in the venturi are #27 in this diagram.
    http://69.60.104.141/cgi-bin/mivavm?...de=SE04RXPPUSY

This diagram shows the bailer plumbing in the hull. (top left box of diagram)
    http://69.60.104.141/cgi-bin/mivavm?...Code=SE04RXPHU
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tubes_157.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	114  

Jerry, can you give me some insight to my previous question Would appreciate it greatly

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg
    Jerry, by looking at your pics it appears that your bailer tubes are no longer secured as they were originally to the hose between the water box and the exhaust outlet. Am I correct If so, then to what did you secure them to
    they just were not secured in that pic as i was in the process of installation of the intercooler. i now have them secured to the hose coming from the pump to the intercooler.

they must be secured up high or else you may take on water thru them.

Thanks for the advice!

Two follow up questions:

- What is the OD diameter of the bailer tubes? Looks like roughly 3/8"? Need this for getting stainless hose clamps. Does any other connection need zip ties replaced w/ hose clamps (i.e. elbow joint up top, part that feeds venturi, bilge strainers, etc...) or is it mostly just the check valves?

- The tube part that pokes out of the venturi looks like hard black plastic, not the same clear water tubes as on the inside of the bailer assembly. Is that right or should we be seeing a clear plastic tube?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information