Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I've just ordered a can of Liquid Rollers bunk spray, and I've seen another brand (Slydz) around, and I've heard of other substances like silicone and car wax. Any success or failures with these products as an alternative to permanent (teflon?) gliders?

+1
    Have read a ton of boat trailer owners use Pam, the cooking pan spray, on their carpeted bunks. Just kind of seems odd, to me, but they swear by it.

Liquid roller seems likr a good product, but 15 dollars a can seems kinda nuts. A can of pam huh?

+1
    PAM, non-stick yeah, but sounds greasy, like it will trap & attract sand, etc... which can scratch the hull.

For carpeted bunks, I've had great success with silicone spray. Not to be confused with silicone lube. The spray has a fast drying accelerant, so it stays on dry.

+1
    As I have a 2550 SX Sport Chaparral (6,000 + pounds) on a bunk trailer, I can confirm that the thing that helps the most is completely dunking the carpeted bunks and getting them wet and pull trailer back out to loading position before loading. The silicone spray works well. too, but if you paint the hull, paint will no longer stick to the hull after silicone (or any other spray, for that matter).

Just plain old carpeted bunks on boat and ski trailers for me......

Made new bunks for ski trailer, new boards and all, just yesterday. Took a whopping 1 1/2 hour and $45 to do, start to finish, using all new boards, carpet and S/S hardware. Tip: if you have an air compressor, get a pneumatic staple gun. I just bought one and could not believe how much it sped up the process. Plus it saves your hand from all that gun squeezing on the manual ones. It's so much easier starting with new boards so you needn't pull out all the old staples.
    Last edited by pops; 08-18-2017 at 07:52 AM.

I unload and load skis every trip, my ultra150 pulls off with ease my stxr on the other hand isnt so much fun. By the time i get home the bunks are pretty much dry. I will pick up a can of silicone spray today to try this weekend. How many launches do you guys get out of the spray?

+1
    Silicon (harmful if inhaled) or furniture spray, such as Pledge. Nice lemon smell.

Silicon spray worked aweosme

+1
    Silicone spray works well I used it on my center console, last about 5-6 launches. I used to keep a can in the truck and spray the bunks after launching in the parking lot. Remember to keep the ski secured, it will slid off if not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information