Adding a hour meter

I traded my RXT for a Utopia 205SE. After a couple times out I realize there is no hour meter, all the gauges are analog. I was wondering what is involved in wiring a hour meter up somewhere?

hour meter

super easy. Just grab one of the digital self-powered meters with a long insulated lead that wraps around a spark plug wire.

Any links?

Anyone have a link showing one of these meters? I'm looking to put one in also.

Thanks

Tiny Tach Brand Hour Meter

You can get a digital tach with the long wire to wrap around the plug lead called a "Tiny Tach." They should be sold at most of your Lawn & Garden dealers or possible someone like a NAPA. They work well and are extremely easy to install.

http://www.sendec.com/cgi-bin/qs/html/80610x.html

1031 is what I installed in the engine compartment of my Utopia

How easy or hard was it to run a wire from the dash back to the engine compartment?

Running wire

Not so bad. Start at your console, use a straightened-out hanger, tape your wire(s) to the end of the hanger, finagle the wire thru the hull to the stbd. speaker behind the capt.'s chair (got to remove the speaker). Do the same thing from the speaker back to the battery-area.

Quote Originally Posted by DSquare View Post
    I traded my RXT for a Utopia 205SE. After a couple times out I realize there is no hour meter, all the gauges are analog. I was wondering what is involved in wiring a hour meter up somewhere?
    I'm thinking about doing the same. Do you miss the RXT? do you ever regret to the utopia? Im afraid that I might miss the speed?? and dont really know how this boat takes the chop?

I do miss the speed a little but as a family we have a great time on the boat. When I bought the RXT it was just the wife and I. We then adopted two small children and first two things I did was trade my corolla for a minivan and trade my rxt for an utopia. I have gotten the Utopia up to 55ish with just me in the boat but usually with 2 adults and 2 children I get 45-49mph depending on how much gas is in the tank.

On topic just to follow up. I got an hour meter that it just has one wire that coils around a sparkplug wire. Easy and simple to install. Also when the boat goes into service they can tell you how many hours are on each motor via the onboard computer.

Thread Information