Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBurgers View Post
    I was reading along thinking this was some kid posting, then I read you are 72. Hats off to you sir! I'm 47 and my GP1800 kicks my but with mild mods. I'm down in Richmond - ride in Lake Anna. I hear great things about SML - would love to get a house - maybe three years out. Anyway, I bet you surprise many kids with your set-up. Awesome!
    Chris
    As soon as I can get my FX working properly, I would like to come the Lake Anna for a day Do you know Andy Lohr?

+1
    No, dont need to goto florida. He responds to email in minutes so i just make sure he has some time first then i went down to the ramp, i would do a test run, email him my afr readings. He would tweak the tune and i would load it in the ski and try again. Could do about 3 revisions per hr. Without afr readings on your ski you are basically shooting in the dark and its a big gamble.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I have a 2016 FXSVHO with most all the goodies on it and I am using the F2 wheel with the Jesus Stage III tune designed for a single map sensor. Idling around the ski is as smooth as silk and WOT the ski is as smooth as silk. The ski accelerates and runs like a bandit from any rpm range when I nail it but cruising in the 3,600rpm to 4,800rpm range there is a problem! In this cruising range, the ski lumbers and grumbles and it sounds like something is loose or has a loose fitting etc. We checked the Jim's Ride plate and that is fine and the intake grate is fine. We are going to remove my 13/20 try my Dean's Team 13/18 and remove the 5mm spacer from my Lucky 13 and give this a try, but we don't think it is the prop or the L13 spacer. Jesus says it may be the stator ... for which we are checking today.

Has anyone experienced this condition and found a solution (any help would be appreciated)?
    Check you plugs. If you have carbon build-up one of your plugs you may want to swap you coil packs to see if that coil packs went bad.

+1
    As soon as I can get my FX working properly, I would like to come the Lake Anna for a day Do you know Andy Lohr?
    I don't know Andy, but if you need a public ramp, Sturgeon Creek marina has a ski only ramp that is out of the way of the boat ramp and the anarchy that often ensues there. Also, best to visit LKA on a week day - things get crazy on the weekends.
    Chris

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpxseadog View Post
    Check you plugs. If you have carbon build-up one of your plugs you may want to swap you coil packs to see if that coil packs went bad.
    Geeez, I would have hoped that was the first thing my mechanic would check. I have a call in to him right now to see if he checked the plugs. ... but wouldn't the ski operate horribly in all rpm ranges with bad plugs?

+1
    Geeez, I would have hoped that was the first thing my mechanic would check. I have a call in to him right now to see if he checked the plugs. ... but wouldn't the ski operate horribly in all rpm ranges with bad plugs?

Well....

First time when your mechanics sent me a pic of the spark plugs , I told them the cams were off ....and after i made a few tunes more they realize I was right.

I told you also to send me pics of the spark plugs ( as you could not get me an AFR feedback) but still waiting for those pics. Also i told you if you want to be sure if the problem is the tune or not...just install the file for the 3 bar map sensor and also the map sensor...if still you get that poor performance then the problem is not the tune.

Anyway I made same tune for a few guys more and they are running with no issues...That's why I told you the problem was not the tune.

The recommended prop for that setup is also a Solas 13/18.

Anyway you got my email...so feel free to send any questions and I will be glad to help you to find the issue.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JESUS G View Post
    Well....

First time when your mechanics sent me a pic of the spark plugs , I told them the cams were off ....and after i made a few tunes more they realize I was right.

I told you also to send me pics of the spark plugs ( as you could not get me an AFR feedback) but still waiting for those pics. Also i told you if you want to be sure if the problem is the tune or not...just install the file for the 3 bar map sensor and also the map sensor...if still you get that poor performance then the problem is not the tune.

Anyway I made same tune for a few guys more and they are running with no issues...That's why I told you the problem was not the tune.

The recommended prop for that setup is also a Solas 13/18.

Anyway you got my email...so feel free to send any questions and I will be glad to help you to find the issue.
    Thanks for the reply (again) Jesus. I forwarded this post to David at Hughes Marine. I hope he contacts you today or tomorrow.

+1
    do SVHO's suffer from compressor surge under 5000rpm at all?

+1
    Thanks for the reply (again) Jesus. I forwarded this post to David at Hughes Marine. I hope he contacts you today or tomorrow.

You wrote in another post this: Currently I am running the Solas 13/20 with a Lucky13 and a 5mm spacer. My lake is at 800ft. elevation and humid humid humid

So....For that elevation you should try Solas 13/18...and I would start trying fisrt the stock cone....this should give you around 300 to 500RPM more....and about 3 to 5 mph more.

10. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FZeeR View Post
    Maybe try Deans tune for F2 wheel setup.

how about cam timing?? Phil's dealer has been struggling with the cam timing and if I were to guess they still have it s tooth off.

Quote Originally Posted by need for speed
    I think its your tune?
    Phil is using the exact same tune I have on my GP as well as many other people. No "tune" problems
    here!

Jesus had to make a special tune for me because of this.

Jesus did not have to make you a "special tune" you are using the same Stage 3 9500 tune I am as well as many many others. Also, you are not using an F2 supercharger, you are using an F1

Have you removed the siphon tube from your venturi yet? You need to do this on the FX skis when using the Lucky 13 cone.

i still think your dealer has your cam timing wrong!!! Do a compression check on your engine and let me know the numbers and I will tell you if your cam timing is off. You can get a compression gauge at any auto parts store.

When Doing the compression check leave all spark plugs in with the exception of the cylinder you are running the test on.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information