Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    What's the verdict?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by eric1238 View Post
    What's the verdict?
    Hey Eric,

Glad to see you are paying attention. The dealer said they adjusted the RIVA sponsons because one was installed a little higher than the other. Now the ski is a little skiddish in the slop yesterday instead of tracking rock steady. It made me a little nervous.

Well, the ski is smooth alright, but ... no balls. Top rpms is now 8,050 and it takes a while to get there. It feels like my neighbors HO. My stock SVHO was faster! Jerry says its probably "boost leak". I will check the hose this morning and get back to you all.

At this point I would make the trip to take it to a guru. Long drive but in the long run you would have your ski running like it should and have it this season. Not to knock Hughes but I spent about an hour with the mechanics when I looked at a GP1800. They are nice guys but they are outboard mechanics. He was talking to me about having your timing chain off a tooth and the time they were going to charge you to correct it. I was explaining to them how the LC13 worked and I have not had a ski since 2013, just read the forum. I am concerned that even once you get the ski to the speed/rpm you want, you are going to blow it all to s#!t. Those guys don't understand any of the parts you are putting on that thing. They just follow "A, B, C" and think they are done. You, me and everyone on here knows that is not the case. Load that bad boy up and take it to an experienced tuner. May be inconvenient but once it is done I imagine you will have the baddest MF'r on SML!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by eric1238 View Post
    At this point I would make the trip to take it to a guru. Long drive but in the long run you would have your ski running like it should and have it this season. Not to knock Hughes but I spent about an hour with the mechanics when I looked at a GP1800. They are nice guys but they are outboard mechanics. He was talking to me about having your timing chain off a tooth and the time they were going to charge you to correct it. I was explaining to them how the LC13 worked and I have not had a ski since 2013, just read the forum. I am concerned that even once you get the ski to the speed/rpm you want, you are going to blow it all to s#!t. Those guys don't understand any of the parts you are putting on that thing. They just follow "A, B, C" and think they are done. You, me and everyone on here knows that is not the case. Load that bad boy up and take it to an experienced tuner. May be inconvenient but once it is done I imagine you will have the baddest MF'r on SML!
    What did they say exactly about charging me about correcting the timing chain mistake they made?

I wish I knew of a great Yami high perf mechanic within 50-100 miles of here ... I would be there next week

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information