Coffman Raider Exhaust?

I bought a Coffman exhaust system off ebay and I am not sure that this thing is really for a Raider. The exit for the main chamber is facing a different direction. I am going to pull my manifold to compare the one that came with the kit to see if it would even fit a 62T. Can anyone tell what this is for or if it would even work?

Here is the auction listing for the one I bought.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...2486993&rd=1,1

Here is a listing that shows the outlet like it is drawn in my directions.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/super... 5289283QQrdZ1

Thanx!

It looks O.K. to me....but it's late and I've just swapped two motors tonight.
    Mike

Well, did more research. Still dont know what this exhaust is for but I am sure it is not for a 62T. I found out that a 62T uses a 10mm bolt for the exaust manifold while a 61X (Blaster?) uses a 8mm. I pulled a bolt off my stock manifold and it does not fit into the Coffman manifold that I have. So this exhaust is probably for a Blaster or something. So looks like it is no good for me.

+1
    Not sure what the first exhaust is for but the second listing is the one you want. Thats for a raider.
    I have that exhaust used if interested.
    Also have riva adjustable CDI and R&D stuffers and aquavein grate.

That 94 raider was a fun boat.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedJunky View Post
    Not sure what the first exhaust is for but the second listing is the one you want. Thats for a raider.
    I have that exhaust used if interested.
    Also have riva adjustable CDI and R&D stuffers and aquavein grate.

That 94 raider was a fun boat.
    After looking at pics of a Blaster, it would appear that this pipe would fit it since it points to where the waterbox would be on a Blaster.

I sent you a PM SpeedJunky. Thanx.

It looks like it may be for the detuned 95,96 Raiders that had the 61X motors. I would be interested in that exhaust system as I have a 95 Single Carb 61X Raider. Email me at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Wvcshr View Post
    It looks like it may be for the detuned 95,96 Raiders that had the 61X motors. I would be interested in that exhaust system as I have a 95 Single Carb 61X Raider. Email me at [email protected].
    I am 100% positive this system is for a Blaster. While the exhaust manifold would fit yours being a 61X, the outlet of the main chamber is in the wrong direction for a Raider.

+1
    Sure looks like the one i had in my 94 Raider, but I'd check the exhaust outlet to be sure. The only difference between a 61x 701 and a Raider 62t exhaust manifold is the bolt hole diameter, the 61x manifold can be drilled for the 10mm raider bolts. The ports are practically the same, just looked. I have both cylinders on my bench.

Quote Originally Posted by LT1GMC View Post
    Sure looks like the one i had in my 94 Raider, but I'd check the exhaust outlet to be sure. The only difference between a 61x 701 and a Raider 62t exhaust manifold is the bolt hole diameter, the 61x manifold can be drilled for the 10mm raider bolts. The ports are practically the same, just looked. I have both cylinders on my bench.
    It definitely was the wrong one. I now have a Coffman exhaust that is for a Raider. The one I have before I am 99% sure was for a 61X Blaster. The manifold on that didnt have enough material to enlarge the holes for the 10mm bolts. I would of needed to helicoil the engine or something for 8mm bolts. That would still leave me with the incorrect exhaust outlet.

+1
    Well, just tried to help. Couldn't remember the outlet position, but my Protec manifold has plenty of material around the bolt holes for larger. Anyway, glad you found what you need, the Coffman is a great pipe. I think I have a reinforced cyl and head mount for that pipe, mine broke the original mount in short order. Let me know if you're interested.

Thread Information