Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

gti opas removal

hi everyone. i was searching around on the site for opas removal and for all of them there was a part where you need to plug a tube or sumtin like that.... then i went outside and messed around with the ski and couldn't find the tube.. so i gues what im asking is, is there a tube that is conneceted to the opas on the gti?? also is anyone willing to tell me how to remove the opas off the gti??

thanks

sussex
    whats the opas?

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    you might be talking about the tube that the other 3 seaters have....

I'm not sure about the GTI's, but the GTX/RXT's use pressure to actually drop the OPAS paddles down when the throttle is released(or the pressure holds them up, and releases dropping them down?.....either way). Maybe the GTI's are like RXP's and don't have this feature, so we don't have to plug anything, I dunno.

Married the love of my Life Mayday 2008 SuperCharged03's Avatar
    What year GTI? I have an 02 and can run home at lunch and look. I took my poas off my 03 gtx sc last fall. Pretty easy to doo. Let me know what year. You can also look at the exploded picture online and see if the hose runs down to the pump. I would think it would have to so it will pick up and drop fins.

Banned User
    +1
    on some models, their was a tube that connecteed from the top of the pump to a fitting, this would create pressure and LIFT the OPAS fins when under power....when you release the throttle, the pressure dropped, and the fins would drop down...

BUT, if you do not have the fitting, then you are fine...

All OPAS blockoff kits should come with the hardware needed to block the fitting...

ok i have a 2006 gti.. i dont think there is a pressure thing becuase the fins dont move up and down. just left and right.. what brand blockoffs do you guys reccomend for just recreational riding? when intallin the blockoffs do i need to remove the bar that runs inside the hull??

The GTI 06 opas does go up and down. It is just difficult to do it by hand. I have the kit that is a plastic part that goes in the fin to keep it from dropping down, but still turns. If you completely remove em you would have to plug the pressure line I guess.

are your fins in the up position when your ski is off??? cuz i think mine are :P

and one more thing... when i had the opas off it looked like the nossel turned more so.... do you think just proping up the fins and removing the u bar underneth will be ok??

The fins stay up in the normal position and go down only when water is injected. You need to remove all of it or they will flop around and make you go in circles.
    The reason people remove the opas system is to reduce drag on the hull for better top speed. Mountain GTI has done it on this post. Ask your questions here at this link:

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=10085&page=14

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information