Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    +1
    i ride Columbia mostly. some times go up to Marvin, Yale, Swift lakes in WA.
    more times then not i ride with my family. and on those days I'm keeping it with the family.
    i don't normally ride alone. but i wanted to do a trip to Astoria. so ill make time for that.

not 100% sure what ill get. will depend on 2018 lineup.
    most likely sea-doo 300+ hp
    2 of my brother in law's getting new ones as well. one is giving his VXR to his kids and getting him self a GP1800
    the other one is planning to get a sea-doo as well. but he may get a 2017 260 or 300. he doesn't know if he wants to go all out. just a step below the top most likely.

i would not count on me being out every weekend with you guys. but once or twice a season im sure ill find the time. im a family man. and they are my priority.

+1
    what we ride on in our group

2014 Seadoo RXT 260
    2011 Seadoo RXTX 260
    2014 yamaha VXR
    2011-14 Seadoo GTI
    soon to add
    2018 Yamaha GP1800
    2018 Seadoo RXTX (not sure yet)
    2017-2018 Seadoo (260-300) he also not sure yet.

had in our group but he sold them and are out for a while.
    2008 Kawi 250x
    2007-8 Seadoo Rxt

2 guys i have not rode with but plan on summer of 2018
    2017 Rxtx 300
    2016 Rxtx 300
    2016 Yamaha FX svho

thats kind of our group.

Just getting back into it, old school 99 Polaris 1050 SLX, but would like to make the run from 205 upto the dam, if invites are still open.

+1
    yes. we are just waiting on good weather. in the time being my Brother and i have been breaking in our new seadoos
    i got the 2018 RXTX and my brother picked up the 18' GTX 300 Limited.
    we have been Getting a feel for the range we could get. so far with all kinds of riding. (not eco mode or trying to go the distance) we hit about 56 miles and still had a bar of fuel. but beeping low fuel warning. so to be safe. i would use my 4 gallon back up can i ordered for the trip to the dam. that should give me enough to do the round trip. we may end up topping off in Camas, WA on the docks just to be safe. up river is much more fuel burn then back down.

but im thinking maybe end of may or early june we may do this trip. im planning out all the details soon. also we plan on a trip from ether Down town Portland to Astoria or from PDX airport to Astoria. that one should be the big fun run. i got about 10-15 people interested so far.

I'm interested in a long ride

+1
    Hey, Wake Pirate,

Looking forward to hearing what you have planned for end of May/June time frame for that Portland area trip. Pretty cool to have that many riders to pull from for rides....don't think we ever get over 4 PWC riders, lol.

My buddy & I are up in Everett, WA, just past Seattle, & ride Seadoo/Yamaha pwc's. Our ultimate trip this year is that we are looking to do a trip from Everett marina out through Straight of Juan De Fuca and down to Columbia River and finish in Tri-Cities.

But, would love to get the lay of the land when you pull the May/June trip together. We would just trailer down for that weekend trip.

We will be putting some cool trips together up here and share with the class, too. i.e. Everett to Victoria; Crescent Bar Riverfest; Seafair; Lake Chelan; Lake Entiat; maybe a trip to Banks Lake; then finish year up with Everett to Tri-Cities (September).

Well here is to May coming sooner than later and bigger better weather!!!!

+1
    hey LA Dawg! yes you are welcome. i have met one rider from Federal way and another from around Tacoma area. both have recently picked up the 2018 rxtx's they also are interested in coming down here for the ride from Portland to Astoria. its looking more and more promising. i have talked about this trip to a few other locals on IG. so far i have over 20 interested parties. and a few boat guys as well. i told them they are welcome if they carry a tool box or 2. and a few jugs of gas for us just in case. should be a great turn out. i may test this trip with my Brother before the official. one of these days. just to get the idea or what to expect.

not sure you know this but there are a few dams on the Columbia. and im not 100% sure they have locks to get boats up. i may be wrong. not 100% that the trip from your area down to tri-cities will work out at least not sure about a few of the Columbia river dams. . if it does that would be pretty sweet. i also may join you guys on one or more of your Washington rides as well. in the mean time i have been riding all winter. lol got 17 hours on it since January. so any half decent weather we are riding. if you want your welcome any time. even this time of year. just shoot me PM and ill let you know what we are doing.

+1
    Thanks for the replay, WakePirate,

Good to have something to look forward too with all this weather, heck, hope your not as wet/rain as we have it up here, ugh.

Interest of 20 riders sounds great, probably will end up with at least half, lol. Let us know how the test trip ends up, too.

Btw, i know your right about the dam's on the Columbia, but, think my buddy said we would be good to go to the Tri-Cities or just before. Will have to do some more fact finder there, too. Buddy's can always be wrong, eh? lol

Look forward to May/June for a solid trip & warmer weather.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information