Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Question RXT/RXP questions

I would like to first say that this is the best forum that I have found so far. I am a NEWB but I am learning fast here. I am about to purchase my first pwc and I am leaning toward the RXP. I am 42 yrs old and act like I am 21 still. I have a 19' runabout so I am not new on the water. I know that the first think I will have to do is change the SC washers. I have already emailed a dealership to ask how they are handling this situation. I read a lot of post about RXP's compared to other brands but what are your thoutghts about the RXP compared to the RXT? If the finances will stretch we also want a GTX. What are your thoughts on that.

Thanks in advance!

Newcaste

V-Tec, 4-Tech that's how I roll meirvin's Avatar
    +1
    For me and my Girlfriend I ride and rxp and she rides an RXT and it works great. The RXT is super stable for her as she is susceptible to motion sickness. We can pull her son on a wakeboard.

If you can get one 3 seater (GTX) I suggest making the other the RXP for a great combination
    Last edited by meirvin; 05-23-2007 at 10:58 AM.

spend the extra money & get the rxp & rxt combo u wont regret it

+1
    Well I am sure that would be a great combo but the wife is not a speed demond like I am. I think that would be a great combo and just give her the training key and don't tell her.
    I just got off the phone with one local dealer/stealer and they quoted me 10,099 for the gtx with upgraded seat 11,199 for the RXP and 11,599 for the RXT. Is that about right or are we way off. I recieved an email from another dealer and they gave me 10,200 for the RXP and 9099 for the GTX. I don't know what seat that would be but I am sure it isn't a 1,000 cheaper seat.
    Last edited by Newcastle; 05-23-2007 at 12:37 PM.

+1
    newcastle...you need to call kawasaki city in desoto tx...they have rxp out the door for around 10,200 last time i was over there. Its worth a phone call.

+1
    Thanks, I am going to go meet with North Texas Yahama tonight to talk price and terms. I think that he just quoted me msrp. Homie don't play that game. Is there anything that I should ask for other than their policy on the ceramic washers. I called Richardson Motor Sports and they played dumb about the washers and didn't sound like he wanted to look into it so I won't be calling them back. At least NTYahama was going to look into it, for what thats worth. A problem this big I am sure they know something about it but don't want to talk about it. Well I am going to make a point to talk about it.

Banned User
    +1
    I suggest the RXP/GTX combo also, as one would satisty your speed craving, as the other is good runabout....But once you feel the speed of the RXP, the RXT is a NICE compliment...

You can find deals on them, just be smart...No need to talk to them about the washers, just learn here EVERYTHING you can and then act dumb at the dealer....GET THE WARRANTY, and follow the breakin procedure properly, then get the 10-hour service...

when you get home from the 10 hour service, then pull the SC (or both if you get an RXT) and send it to Jerry for the metal upgrade...DONE.

remember, there are mods out there that will not void warranty...just be smart

In about 1 year, I predict that one of the ski's will be modded somewhat...if not BOTH

+1
    Danny your probably right I just worry because I have read of this being a problem even before the break in. Oh well I will still have another to ride if it works out.
    That brings me back to the other question. I guess I should start a poll. RXP or RXT, I know it will boil down to ajility (sp?) or better performance in ruff water. What do you all think about that one.

You should call Sammy Whites in Lancaster,TX Ask for Rick. You will get the best price on either boat. I think the RXT goes for 10,700 out the door. RXP is almost the same.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcastle View Post
    Danny your probably right I just worry because I have read of this being a problem even before the break in. Oh well I will still have another to ride if it works out.
    That brings me back to the other question. I guess I should start a poll. RXP or RXT, I know it will boil down to ajility (sp?) or better performance in ruff water. What do you all think about that one.
    Honestly, power is power, and it makes a HUGE difference...more power, bigger the smile...

RXP/RXT......
    Sprinter/Cruiser.....
    Daddy's Vette/Momma's Caddy.....

Other than layout and hull, virtually both machines run the same internals, same mods, same everything...

The smile you will have far outweights the difference in price...for a few $$$ more you have ultimate combo...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information