+1

How To Build a Sport Spec Yamaha WaveBlaster For Less Than $7,000

The Sport Spec class has been a popular racing class dating back to the early 1990s. It has recently shown a huge resurgence of interest over the past five years. So what’s all the hype about racing these smaller older boats? Sport Spec racer Ricky Hinch will tell you that when he first saw a WaveBlaster he knew he had to have one. “The challenge of riding the smaller machines makes for a rush unlike any other,” Hinch said. He also has a 2015 turbocharged Sea-Doo RXP-X producing an estimated 400-horsepower, and an Ultra 260X, as well. He admits, “Although they are fast and fun in their own way, [my] favorite ski in the fleet is this WaveBlaster.” Oh yeah, he also has another ‘Blaster with a 1100cc triple conversion as well.

More at WatercraftJournal.Com

Have one in my back yard

That would b really fun racing this ski. Sad thing is I don't know where to get parts for it. Anybody know where? Thank u
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0801.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	417169  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm70 View Post
    That would b really fun racing this ski. Sad thing is I don't know where to get parts for it. Anybody know where? Thank u
    Nice, are you in Louisiana? I am the one who built the ski in the article.... it looked just like that one in your pic when I started. There are a couple of good facebook groups to get parts "yamaha waveblaster 1993-1996" and "waveblaster conversions". Another good place is the X-H2o forums under the parts classifieds section

Quote Originally Posted by swlamarshrunner View Post
    Nice, are you in Louisiana? I am the one who built the ski in the article.... it looked just like that one in your pic when I started. There are a couple of good facebook groups to get parts "yamaha waveblaster 1993-1996" and "waveblaster conversions". Another good place is the X-H2o forums under the parts classifieds section
    Yea man I'm in Denham Springs LA. I'm just getting back into riding again. I bought a rxp 300 recently. Getting a stage 2 kit put on it now. I have the wave blaster and a 2000 seadoo xp. I need to get both running again. I spoke with 2 dealerships and they don't want to fool with them. They only work on skis up to 10 years old.
    It has been a long time since I've riden the blaster. Thanks for your help with resources to find parts.

+1
    Nice, I am in Sulphur, LA just a couple hrs west of you. Good thing about the blaster is that 701 parts are everywhere. Do you know if anything is wrong with it right now? They are pretty simple to work on and if you need some advice on what to go through on it to get it going, just shoot me a message. Shouldn't take much and you could be ripping around on it again

Thanks man. It's been sitting for about 10 years. Their is nothing wrong with it other than not being cranked for so long. Where do u suggest starting?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm70 View Post
    Thanks man. It's been sitting for about 10 years. Their is nothing wrong with it other than not being cranked for so long. Where do u suggest starting?
    I'd start out with pulling the spark plugs and spraying a little fogging oil in it so it isn't completely dry when you first start turning it over. Get some new spark plugs - NGK BR8HS or BR8ES. Make sure your cooling lines are clear because dirt dovers like to get in there and plug them up. Siphon out any old fuel and start fresh. That would be the bare minimum of what I would do which wouldn't take long to do. You may have to pour a capful of gas direct down the carb to first get it to fire unless there is a primer on there. Other things I'd recommend doing would be new fuel lines and deleting the oil injection if that hasn't been done already.

Thank u man!! I'll keep u posted. I may b able to start on it this afternoon

Thread Information