Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

07 RXP 155 vs 07 RXP SC

I am sure this has been asked but I searched the forum and could not find anything on the non-supercharged RXP (maybe that tells me something). I am looking at buying a new ski, and was looking for some comparative info between the supercharged and non supercharged RXP. I am just looking for a 4-stoke and want something reliable and relatively quick. My current ride is an 01 XLT1200. I just usually cruise around the Keys with a passenger on board.

How would either compare with my old XLT?
    How much faster is the supercharged?
    The average top speed of both?
    What is the fuel range between the two?
    Is the increased performance worth the extra loot and possible less reliability?

Thanks for any help, I just want some good info before I fork over mucho $$ for a new ride.....

+1
    if you cruise with a passenger get one of the GTX with SC or RXT....put the metal washers in it and just ride....

the 155hp is rediculously slow...compared to the 215...

+1
    I just got an RXT and its great, i got it supercharged and let me tell you that it has so much juice in the engine its scarey lol First time i punched it I was amazed. The Rxp is a smaller craft so its gonna be a little tight with 2 people, depending on riders sizes. The thing the Rxp has that the Rxt doesnt is the Vts trim.. But its not needed I felt the ride quality was great and could perform great.. Also if storage is an issue the Rxt has much much more room to store things in. all be at the tiki bar this weekend on saturday on my Red Rxt will be with a friend who has a banana yellow Xp lol if you see us holler at me and you can go for a ride.
    Adrian

Good luck with your decision.

I'd like to buy the GTX but that costs even more money. The RXT is less than the GTX but more than the RXP, so that money thing comes in to play agian. My girl and I are pretty slim, so I doubt we would be that cramped, besides she has the death grip on me half the time anyway. I'll def go sit on them before buying one. If the wind is not too bad I'll take a ride down the the tiki bar Saturday. Then again if the wind is bad I may be buying the new ride.

If you are looking at the non sc rxp might as well get the GTI 155 hp and save some money and be more comfy with two people.. It does about 60 mph. Rxp SC does about 68, RXT about 65. How fast u wanna go and how much you wanna pay is what it comes down to. If you mostly ride double and dont need flesh tearing speed the GTI is very comfortable. If you are looking for king of the water, RXP/RXT SC.

Have to chip in here. I personally can't see any good reason for even considering the 155 version. Actually it's mere existence to me is laughable. The ONLY claim to fame the RXP has is power, so take that away and you have....well, nothing.
    From what priorities you have described, with pure power not being one of them, the GTX na would be a much, much better choice.
    Then again, you mentioned wanting "4-stroke reliable and relatively quick". Unless you're a 2 outta 3 aint bad type of guy you might seriously consider another brand as well

I say get an rxp, if u ride alone youll love the rxp, I ride with my GF and its awesome on my rxp with 2 people

Thanks for the opinions and help. I'm gonna hold a out a little while longer till I get a new ride. Unless some spectacular deal heads my way.

ahh, the wife stepped in huh??

nah, trying to buy a house too. I thought I may be able to get a good ride for under 10k..... not. I'll keep looking though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information