Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

pump wedge ? vs ride plate mod

guys on doing either the pump wedge mod or the ride plate mod which one is better ( even though the wedge is cheaper ) dont want to much lift !

I've studied very carefully all the posts on this forum and I concluded last week that the wedge, ride plate (& pump seal kit) together are easy & cheap and give by far the best bang for the buck at least on the Ultra. I don't speak from personal experience but from my analysis of everyone elses comments which are much appreciated. I also concluded (from others comments but also from my own observation) that it would be hard to get too much bow lift on the Ultra especially if you store gear up there. I'm doing it all next week.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw528i View Post
    guys on doing either the pump wedge mod or the ride plate mod which one is better ( even though the wedge is cheaper ) dont want to much lift !

Do them both and you will be happy, could actually use a lil more lift after that.

Yeah, basically the ride plate mods just change the angle of the plate slightly by raising the back of the plate to give more lift. Same with the pump wedge. It raises the angle of the thrust to lift the nose of the hull.

When you cut the back of the ride plate to gain lift what hapens to the turning ???? does it the turn more like a flat bottom ski(RXP) or more like the deep V like it is ??????

+1
    It still handles great, rough water or smooth water turns.Jim's Performance cut stock plate works well.

Just got back off of vacation and installed my plate yesterday from Jim. Hope to ride some this weekend if I can get a loan to buy some gas. LOL

Hey Ultra 250 TN, what do you think of just switching the Ultra ride plate for the LX ride plate? I thought I read here somewhere that the LX plate does the job. Lot of good things being said about Jim's plates. Do you mail him your stocker and then get it back modded? What was the turnaround time? Any reason to wait for an all new custom plate from RIVA or RD or better to keep our forum brother well occupied?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue 182 View Post
    Hey Ultra 250 TN, what do you think of just switching the Ultra ride plate for the LX ride plate? I thought I read here somewhere that the LX plate does the job. Lot of good things being said about Jim's plates. Do you mail him your stocker and then get it back modded? What was the turnaround time? Any reason to wait for an all new custom plate from RIVA or RD or better to keep our forum brother well occupied?

The LX part that is being used is the pump wedge,you know I havent looked at a LX ride plate to see if there is any difference.Got to Jims Performance in the Yamahas tuners corner, he can tell you about turn around time,(he seems to turn everybody stuff around in a couple of days). You could send your stock one, or have him buy a stock one and do it, or you could by another stock one and send it to him.Just ask him whats the best way for you.

Thanks. You and Team Moto and all the others have really boosted my learning curve!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information