Strange problems

Last summer when i bring my boat at the dealer for winter, the boat was runnuig like a new one, i was hitting 8000rpm. Its a 2005 Challenger 180 215 SCIC (stock, 68h) The oil change, winterizing, etc, have been done be the dealer.Last week end, i take de boat out for the first time of the year. I start the motor and accelerated, the boat was very slow, i put the gaz at WOT and the rpm stop at 6400rpm and i wasn't hearing the superchager sound.... + the sound system and the ICS wasn't working... What the fuck?? I check all the fuse and they were all ok

any ideas about those problems? maybe my dealer is the problem..

Sorry my english sucks
    Last edited by SuperCharged; 05-23-2007 at 10:20 PM.

Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar
    Sounds like the supercharger might have gone bad. I wonder if they winterized it properly? Where you live they should have drained the supercharger of all water and flushed with anti freeze. I'm sure some other members here can help you out. I don't have an SCIC model so I'm not to familar with them.

that is of course the supercharger clutch washers, surprised they lasted as long as they did. Mine just recently broke also, seems we are getting more and more boat failures, thanks Sea-Doo.

damn but mine broke while the boat was at my dealer....I'm not gonna pay for that! At the minute i put the boat in water the supercharger wasn't working!

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    I would also check your plugs to make sure they're not fouled before you totally panic. You've definately got old gas and we've seen a lot of guys exhibit very similar symptoms to supercharger failure because of crappy gas, when in fact they were fouling plugs.

There is no water in the supercharger, so the winterizing is not the culprit. Take the air intake hose off and try to spin the sc'er wheel with your finger. if it spins easily, you've got sc'er problems.

otherwise, draining your old gas and running some fresh fuel through there my be what you need. BUT, check the sc'er first, because you don't even want to start the motor again IF the clutch washer(s) dropped out.

hth
    sean

Mine did the same thing, accelerated and it broke on the first hit of the accelerator that day, I actually heard the moment it broke since the supercharger whine went away. The dealer had nothing to do with it, just a coincidence im afraid.

Soo, The radio and ICS problem was caused by a dead fuse and my Supercharger is also dead buuut my dealer said that BRP is supposed to pass it on the waranty

Thread Information