Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Bdesim View Post
    Still sounds like a fuel delivery problem to me. I still think you should go through those carbs.
    I think your right I will order a rebuild kit, after it sat dor a few hours i started it up and it ran fine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using GreenHulk PWC Performance mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bdesim View Post
    Still sounds like a fuel delivery problem to me. I still think you should go through those carbs.
    So I took it out real quick on the water. On land starts fine seems like it runs fine but in water it just bogs and doesnt go over 3600 rpm. The cylinder heads feel super hot when i touch them not sure where to start on this.

Sent from my SM-G955U using GreenHulk PWC Performance mobile app powered by Tapatalk

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bwebbtx View Post
    So I took it out real quick on the water. On land starts fine seems like it runs fine but in water it just bogs and doesnt go over 3600 rpm. The cylinder heads feel super hot when i touch them not sure where to start on this.

Did you rebuild the carbs? And check the fuel system? It's probably running hot because it's lean.

Have you checked the cooling system though? No blockages and the inlet screen in the jet pump is clear?

+1

New Member...Got the bug and a couple new Projects

i'm betting fuel delivery.

i go through all systems when i buy a ski and never just put it in the water right away.

Take carbs apart, inspect, and honestly if you want to do it right just rebuild them with OEM rebuild kits. i'm pretty sure john zigler at Watcon.com has them in stock. carbs are easy, first do some research on the specific carbs you have then go from there. Expecially not knowing how old the fuel was that was in there, when the last rebuild on the carbs were done, and with the grey TEMPO lines, it's a no brainer..

If you run into any problems or have any concerns while you are doing them, you can post here and me or someone else can help you threw it.

+1

New Member...Got the bug and a couple new Projects

also i would NOT run it anymore until you At least see how your carbs are.

if you are running lean, it's only a matter of time until you burn a hole in your piston, then have to pay and spend time rebuilding an engine.

that's probably why your engines running so hot.

I ordered a new rebuild kit and new fuel lines through amazon they should be coming in this week.

In the meantime I found a good deal on Craigslist for a couple Yamaha waverunners. They are 99s 1200 XLT and GP1200 both have new trailers and new tires with 4 new batteries. They lady said she couldnt start them. I think they didnt know how to turn the security code off. I checked the spark and compression and cleaned out the gas and put some new in it and they started right up. They are pretty clean and garage kept but for $400 for both of them and trailers figured what the hell. I just dont know anything about the Yamahas but I figured its all the same. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170820_131843_1503253139371.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	419537Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170821_082417.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	419538

I really just enjoy playing and working on these things luckily I have a big building to put them in.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information