Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    needs to be exactly the same style plug wire end,if these are the ones that thred into the plug wire,try clipping a 1/4 " off the wire and rethread the end back on,good catch on the center boot being different

The 780 has the red NGK plug wires and the 1050 has the black but they both say TB05EMA on them. I started it up today and its not having the issue anymore though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using GreenHulk PWC Performance mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TxVirageTx View Post
    needs to be exactly the same style plug wire end,if these are the ones that thred into the plug wire,try clipping a 1/4 " off the wire and rethread the end back on,good catch on the center boot being different
    Alright so the problem is the middle cylinder is not getting enough spark. Its just running on 2 cylinders. The middle wire is the polaris wire it just had the NGK boot on it. I swapped it out with another boot but same thing very little spark.

When its running I can pop off the middle plug and it doesnt make a difference and the spark plug looks like its never been fired.

I measured the ohms from ground to the inside of the boot and its showing

Mag- 6200
    Middle- 6200
    PTO- 7200

I am not sure if the ignition coil is bad or if its a different issue with the stator.

Sent from my SM-G955U using GreenHulk PWC Performance mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bwebbtx View Post
    Alright so the problem is the middle cylinder is not getting enough spark. Its just running on 2 cylinders. The middle wire is the polaris wire it just had the NGK boot on it. I swapped it out with another boot but same thing very little spark.

When its running I can pop off the middle plug and it doesnt make a difference and the spark plug looks like its never been fired.

I measured the ohms from ground to the inside of the boot and its showing

Mag- 6200
    Middle- 6200
    PTO- 7200

I am not sure if the ignition coil is bad or if its a different issue with the stator.

Remove the spark plug cap, start the engine and see how good is the spark with out the cap, should jump few millimeters distance from the head stud or ground with a good snapping or sharp cracking sound.
    If spark is weak then the wire or the coil is bad.
    Best Regards Tito.

Quote Originally Posted by Tune by Tito View Post
    Remove the spark plug cap, start the engine and see how good is the spark with out the cap, should jump few millimeters distance from the head stud or ground with a good snapping or sharp cracking sound.
    If spark is weak then the wire or the coil is bad.
    Best Regards Tito.
    no change with that plug out or on for the engine....im thinking its probably the coil since that was what the mechanic initially said it was.

+1

Last edited by bwebbtx; 09-01-2017 at 11:03 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information