Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1

The End is Near!

It's started already. I can no longer get a storage knob for my SL750. Stock up on OEM parts. Heck I'm going to order two of everything when I place orders from now on.

Oh and Ph2ocraft how about you sell me one of those 700/1050 flywheel covers you're stock piling? You said you scored a bunch of them and you are still bidding on them, give a brother a break my man

Jug Inspector
    You know what I noticed about PH? Any time anyone is parting anything out he always asks for the Stator. He must eat them for snacks.

Bryan

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Polaris_Nut#1 View Post
    It's started already. I can no longer get a storage knob for my SL750. Stock up on OEM parts. Heck I'm going to order two of everything when I place orders from now on.

Oh and Ph2ocraft how about you sell me one of those 700/1050 flywheel covers you're stock piling? You said you scored a bunch of them and you are still bidding on them, give a brother a break my man
    I can help you out, PM me an address.

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    Same issue I never got a storage knob for my 750. Wait I actually got a white one from Casey I believe and still haven't put it on, because I did score a black one for my SLX and it was a PITA to install. We one year later I take the cover off the SLX and ping it goes shooting across the yard. Oh I was pissed the other day. Any chance one of our machinist buddies on here may want to look into making an upgrade for the junk knobs. Seems so ghetto without one.

+1
    Oh, this has been going on for years already! In 2004 I couldn't buy a rear corner trim piece for a 2000 SLX.... Took me 18 months to finally find one on eBay, and when I got it the guy listed it wrong, he had the other side!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibreakstuff View Post
    You know what I noticed about PH? Any time anyone is parting anything out he always asks for the Stator. He must eat them for snacks...
    Quote Originally Posted by Polaris_Nut#1 View Post
    ...Ph2ocraft how about you sell me one of those 700/1050 flywheel covers you're stock piling? You said you scored a bunch of them and you are still bidding on them...
    What is so special about the 700 and 1050 flywheel covers?

And stators - are you trying to avoid installing update kits in the 1996-1999 models?

+1
    I really like a lot of the old school stuff and have a nice selection of older stators, Hot Seat CDI's and the such. The older CDI's of course need the older stators and I'm unwilling to give up my performance CDI's.

The reason for the stator covers is for better cooling of the stator and flywheel area, especially with trippples and the higher RPM's. The micro-lobbing of the crankshaft/flywheel generates enough heat to prematurely take out the stator.

It's a simple upgrade and I've always found a roughly 25 degree difference with the stator mod. Cooler always seems to last longer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    ...The reason for the stator covers is for better cooling of the stator and flywheel area, especially with trippples and the higher RPM's. The micro-lobbing of the crankshaft/flywheel generates enough heat to prematurely take out the stator.

It's a simple upgrade and I've always found a roughly 25 degree difference with the stator mod. Cooler always seems to last longer.
    So you are putting these covers on the '1200' engines?

I imagined you would have been using the Ficht magneto covers, with the water cooling

+1
    Exactly right. As I recall some of the older covers don't have a flat or flush area to attach the injected cover, hence my need for the "other" cover.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    Exactly right. As I recall some of the older covers don't have a flat or flush area to attach the injected cover, hence my need for the "other" cover.
    Ah so your using the Ficht stator water cooling 'cap', but not the Ficht magneto housing

The main Ficht housing won't fit onto the domestic engine?
    I have never compared the two...

Slightly related question. Do you modify the front bearing to accept an additional oil line, like the MSX 140 engine has?
    Or are you always going pre-mix?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ficht electrical stator outer cooling cover (2000 Genesis).JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	138069   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ficht electrical stator outer stator cover (2000 Genesis).JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	172.2 KB 
ID:	138070  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information