Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

umi stearing install question

ok, I started this install tonight, pretty much just got the stock bars and converings torn down. I was reading the instructions, Which are terrible by the way... I dont understand what they are asking you to file and how??? Also what kind of file? Can I use a dremel? Any other tips for the install wouldbe great. Where do I put the singal beeper thing now??

thanks!

I used a dremel and took out just a little material at a time. Mine needed to be ground down in the front when we set the stem in place because its angled more than stock. Just test fit it and see where it needs to be trimmed, as far as the the little buzzer it goes in the hole on the flat plate and there is a plastic threaded ring supplied that tightens it up.

Quote Originally Posted by CarFanatic View Post
    Also what kind of file?
    .dll or .pdf

anyway i would like to see some install pics if possible

+1
    me too, very interested in these...

+1
    so its the material in the front of the ski, buy the storage bin, that side correct??

I will try and take pics as I go along and to do an install write up for you guys if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by CarFanatic View Post
    so its the material in the front of the ski, buy the storage bin, that side correct??

I will try and take pics as I go along and to do an install write up for you guys if I can.
    Please do, ill be doing mine in a couple weeks. Please take pictures of the bracket that holds the buzzer to and where it mounts cause i do not see that. Thanks!!!

+1
    I'll do my best, but I'm confused aswell on some things, I haven't really dug into it yet, I just got the stock bars off.

+1
    Yes, very little has to be taken out in the front of the cut out were the old steering goes. I took a rounded metal file and just took just a bit off of the fiberglass and the UMI went right in.

Also the steering cable will need to be pulled up and over the intake manifold. It bends up and back doewn in the hull.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    Yes, very little has to be taken out in the front of the cut out were the old steering goes. I took a rounded metal file and just took just a bit off of the fiberglass and the UMI went right in.

Also the steering cable will need to be pulled up and over the intake manifold. It bends up and back doewn in the hull.

what do you mean pulled over the intake manifold?? Do you leave it like that? I not clear on what you mean it bends up and back down..

the steering cable bracket is positioned slightly differently so if youpull it up out of the hull so it loops over the intake manifold the cable wont bind .
    the warning buzzer goes backto front in the hole in the base plate on the left (you should have received a locknut in your kit to secure it )
    you will also need to swap the finger throttle to a straight finger throttle (if you got the steering kit ) the angled finger throttle wont allow full travel on your throttle body robbing you of some top end .
    i hope this helps you i will post some pics when i go to my shed ,
    regards skip

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information