Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Prohibido usuario
    +1

Need RXT Prop Advice

I'm going to go ahead and add the greenie sc wheel to my setup, what prop should I get? Am I going to be all over the rev limiter with the stock prop and that setup? I been turning 8150 here lately with the cooler weather. I'm adding skegs too if that makes a difference. Hope Jerry gets the wheels in time for MB3.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    After looking at a couple of peoples sigs a 14/17 is what I need. What is the pitch of the stock prop?

+1
    I dont think that will be enough prop, if you add a 4" air intake and the GH SC I think you will need a 14/19

+1
    I run a 14/17 on my ski. It turns 8180 and bumps 8200.

+1
    I have a new 15/18R 3 blade on ebay. You will need to take out 1-2mm & it will pull better than the 4 blades.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ou812 View Post
    I have a new 15/18R 3 blade on ebay. You will need to take out 1-2mm & it will pull better than the 4 blades.
    NCHeel, don't waste your money in this 3 blade 15/18 skat prop, yes it pulls harder from the hole than the solas 4 blades BUT the top end speed of this prop is RIDICULOUS LOW, (been there done that) the best top end speed that i get with this prop was 71.9 MPH @ 8550 to 8600 peak rpms with my stage 3 (PLUS) moded RXT and i was all over the rev limiter with the stock size 83mm ring @ half trottle, also my ski was cavitating like a mofo from the hole, right after this speed run i put my ski back in the trailer and removed the 15/18 and put the solas 14/19 repitched to 14/20 specs with -1mm taken from the trailing edge and did a 75 MPH speed run @ 8550 to 8600 rpms bangin the rev limiter at 3/4 throttle with the stock size 83mm ring, then i removed the 83mm ring and put the smaller 82mm and my ski was right @ 8550 @ WOT but lost top end speed, i was only doing 74.6 MPH, then i put the 81mm ring and got the best top end speed of the day, 75.6 MPH @ 8400-8450 peak rpms i also tested the famous Riva skat 15/19 and even that i was very impresed with this prop hole shot performance (my ski was leaving the hole like if i was using nitrous) i never get the same speed numbers of my solas prop, the best top end speed was 73.9 @ 8350 peak rpms @ WOT with the stock 83mm ring, i am gonna take -3mm to this prop trailing edge to see what numbers i can get with the 81mm ring, if you are coming to mud bug this year i am going to bring with me all the props that i have in my garage, my solas 14/17R that was tweaked by Frazier from PPG, (i was doing back to back 73 MPH + speed runs with this prop with my last year stage 2 set up in my local 90 deg air and salt water riding conditions ) also i have a solas 14/19R that was tweaked by Jerry, the Impros 14/20 and the skat 15/19 (i sold the 15/1. I am going to try my Impros 14/20 in (Geo RXT) ski along with my Riva adjustable exit nozzle rings as soon he get to Luisiana, but we can try any of my others props in your ski as well, let me know if you are interested, it would only cost you a few cold ones, NOTHING ELSE!!!
    Last edited by GPR/STX-15F/RXT; 05-25-2007 at 05:04 PM.

+1

Thumbs up

I installed a stock RXP wheel on an RXT. It is running GH washers, RR wheel, strainer, 2 degree wedge and Riva grate with the Riva 3" intake. Holes filled and reverse bucket cut. This thing hauls ace. Its doing 74 mph gps. With 3/4 of a tank.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GPR/STX-15F/RXT View Post
    NCHeel, don't waste your money in this 3 blade 15/18 skat prop, yes it pulls harder from the hole than the solas 4 blades BUT the top end speed of this prop is RIDICULOUS LOW, (been there done that) the best top end speed that i get with this prop was 71.9 MPH @ 8550 to 8600 peak rpms with my stage 3 (PLUS) moded RXT and i was all over the rev limiter with the stock size 83mm ring @ half trottle, also my ski was cavitating like a mofo from the hole, right after this speed run i put my ski back in the trailer and removed the 15/18 and put the solas 14/19 repitched to 14/20 specs with -1mm taken from the trailing edge and did a 75 MPH speed run @ 8550 to 8600 rpms bangin the rev limiter at 3/4 throttle with the stock size 83mm ring, then i removed the 83mm ring and put the smaller 82mm and my ski was right @ 8550 @ WOT but lost top end speed, i was only doing 74.6 MPH, then i put the 81mm ring and got the best top end speed of the day, 75.6 MPH @ 8400-8450 peak rpms i also tested the famous Riva skat 15/19 and even that i was very impresed with this prop hole shot performance (my ski was leaving the hole like if i was using nitrous) i never get the same speed numbers of my solas prop, the best top end speed was 73.9 @ 8350 peak rpms @ WOT with the stock 83mm ring, i am gonna take -3mm to this prop trailing edge to see what numbers i can get with the 81mm ring, if you are coming to mud bug this year i am going to bring with me all the props that i have in my garage, my solas 14/17R that was tweaked by Frazier from PPG, (i was doing back to back 73 MPH + speed runs with this prop with my last year stage 2 set up in my local 90 deg air and salt water riding conditions ) also i have a solas 14/19R that was tweaked by Jerry, the Impros 14/20 and the skat 15/19 (i sold the 15/1. I am going to try my Impros 14/20 in (Geo RXT) ski along with my Riva adjustable exit nozzle rings as soon he get to Luisiana, but we can try any of my others props in your ski as well, let me know if you are interested, it would only cost you a few cold ones, NOTHING ELSE!!!
    Hmm, you're the 1st one to say it's "rediculously low" in mph that i've seen.
    But don't waste your money if he say's so, he's been there done that.
    I'm not sure on the props for the rxt hulls but it would be too tall anyway for his setup wouldn't it?

On my rxp stage 2 I ran 6 props: stock, stock with impros 1mm added, solas 14/19R,15/20R, skat 13/18, Riva 15/19R. I know this, the top speed went to the 15/20 but by only .7mph. The fun factor was all over the 3 blade. Hell, the stock +1mm was even faster than the 14/19R. If you want top speed by 1 mph or so, go 4 blade, If you want torque & better hookup go 3 blade. He has a lot of props, try them all. You may like what he's running or you may like the thrust of the 3 blades. To me, and this happened several times as I have swapped out these props more than twice, the 4 blade was more prone to porpoise at top end than the 3 blade. Back to Back testing on this on the same water conditions the same day proved it. Why? I dunno, maybe the 4th blade is interupting the rythym & over stuffing the pump creating a hesitation in flow. This is the main reason I like the 3 blade or the 4. I would give up 1 mph & the bob for the smooth thrust & top end ride any day!

To each his own. Try them all!

Father in law has an RXT. I set it up with the Riva fresh air intake; Riva intake grate, sponsons and opas blocks; Rotax high boost sc'r wheel; Rotax powerpipe (from the waterbox to the stock exhaust location); Solas 14/18.5 4-blade prop; Filled ride plate holes; All else is completely stock. Last weekend in light chop he was running 8160 rpm's @ 69 mph in 75 degree water and 80 degree air. Looks like your setup is about the same, so I'de say start with the 14/18.5 and go from there. End of last year with the same prop but without the Rotax sc'r, which was recently added (thanks Jerry), the prop was pitched a little too high as the rpms were around 8050 in colder water and air temps.

Mark

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Yeah I can test a few props at the Bug. I'm adding all this for the Bug if jerry gets the greenie wheels in time. I just don't want to be all over the limiter or not see any improvement in top end after spending the cash. Whatever we do though don't let Geo turn any wrenches on out skis.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information