O.P.A.S system water flow question

Hey guys (and girls),

Does anyone know if the water that is collected from the pump going into the two OPAS support cylinders is aerated/turbulent or just clean water as if you had a centrifugal pump pumping water through a tube? (I know it's high pressure to lift OPAS when throttle is 30-75%)

Reason why I ask is I am thinking of using it to plumb water to a bait tank. I have the OPAS removed and blocked off for now, but want to use the existing plumbing to fill up a bait tank. Sounds silly...but I'm a silly person so it's all good.

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    creative......why don't you test it? if it's clean water going through the pump I don't know why it wouldn't be clean coming out. of course, if you attach longer hose, I'd bet you run into turbulence issues.....perhaps a little sump pump from HD/Lowes is a better solution...lol

Quote Originally Posted by SeanCucf View Post
    creative......why don't you test it? if it's clean water going through the pump I don't know why it wouldn't be clean coming out. of course, if you attach longer hose, I'd bet you run into turbulence issues.....perhaps a little sump pump from HD/Lowes is a better solution...lol

Well, a bilge pump will go in between the distribution valve and the bait tank being filled. I am just wondering if the water that is being forced into the OPAS distribution valve is going to look like the water at the intake grate as it is just before it exits the pump nozzle.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by c6rvette View Post
    Well, a bilge pump will go in between the distribution valve and the bait tank being filled. I am just wondering if the water that is being forced into the OPAS distribution valve is going to look like the water at the intake grate as it is just before it exits the pump nozzle.
    if you take that pipe you'll have plenty of water, but were are you going to lift your opas?

Thumbs up

Cool! Went out with the setup and it works perfectly! No air bubbles or anything (except when I get some air ). Bilge pump works fine when when motor is off, although hose fittings may be too small and sometimes has a hard time pumping water up at an even rate. Other than that issue, everything worked out GREAT!
    Thanks for all your comments guys. Oh by the way, I don't have OPAS. They have been all blocked off.

Thread Information