Thread: R-Rated parts

+1

R-Rated parts

My parts from R-Rated came in today. I felt like a kid a X-mas opening that box. I have the 2nd waterbox eliminator pipe, valve cover block offs,
    trim wring, pump shoe kit, and stage 2 modified water box. I hope to have all this (except the pump shoe kit) installed this weekend and will let everyone know my results. I'm gonna wait on the pump shoe kit untill I decide what I will get done to the ride plate. I will take some pics of the whole process and the end result and post them. My best top speeds have been mid 67's so we will see what these mods do for me. I am working on a homemade intake but probably won't have that installed untill late next week. Rudy at R-Rated was a great guy to deal with and very helpfull with questions about what works and what doesn't .

Congrats on all your new parts. Take note on your acceleration/midrange. that is where you will see probably the most from all the things you purchased. Also, I am sure the sound of the engine will be much better once you put in that new waterbox etc.

Curtis

+1
    Here are some pics of the installation. It was easy and took me about 2.5 hrs. After you get the intercooler and waterboxes out, R-Rated's pipe was very easy to intsall. I did have to take the exhaust manifold outlet and the supercharger belt cover off to get to the hose on the front of the primary waterbox. That hose is a pain in the butt! Getting the primary waterbox back in was a tight fit but not too big a deal. I will do the wedge tomorrow morning and put it in the water Monday. I ran it with a hose attatched and it sounds great. Not too loud but much better than stock. I'm really not sure if the eliminator pipe or the stage 2 waterbox is responsible for the exhaust note but it sure sounds good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	install 016.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	991.5 KB 
ID:	26008   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	install 022.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	26009   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	install 031.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	26010   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	install 043.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	26011   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	install 045.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	944.4 KB 
ID:	26012   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	install 041.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	26013  

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    Here are some pics of the installation. It was easy and took me about 2.5 hrs. After you get the intercooler and waterboxes out, R-Rated's pipe was very easy to intsall. I did have to take the exhaust manifold outlet and the supercharger belt cover off to get to the hose on the front of the primary waterbox. That hose is a pain in the butt! Getting the primary waterbox back in was a tight fit but not too big a deal. I will do the wedge tomorrow morning and put it in the water Monday. I ran it with a hose attatched and it sounds great. Not too loud but much better than stock. I'm really not sure if the eliminator pipe or the stage 2 waterbox is responsible for the exhaust note but it sure sounds good.

Don`t forget to fill the ride plate and intake bolt holes for some free speed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Monster View Post
    Don`t forget to fill the ride plate and intake bolt holes for some free speed.
    I will do that but I'm not sure what to use? Are you using something that can be sanded smooth?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    I will do that but I'm not sure what to use? Are you using something that can be sanded smooth?
    I used silicone. Over filled the holes then cut the ends off flush when cured.

Just a H-20 HO....Need I say More! Mykull's Avatar
    Jimmy, I used JB Weld just make sure you cover up the heads of the bolts with tin foil or some tape before you put it on. I will be down that way in the mornin, I will give you aring. Mike

Thread Information