Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Easiest way to make a sl-750 a Little more faster??

I have a 95 sl750 with a new engine, The only mods I have are dual stage reeds, 3 Outlet fuel pump, Oil pump blocked, 780 carbs and ocean pro flame arrestors. I want to know how to make it a little better. I am thinking extended pump, But 1st question would be, What pitch prop? Is it safe to run a 785 cdi? Is it worth it, How high can you rev the fuji engine without damaging the engine. I have an extended ride plate, and intake grate coming. I promised my son I would try to give it a little more top end, I don't want to port the engine or go into now.. So please guys help me with some ideas.. As usual you are the best and thanks..

grab a gps and post your speeds? maybe it's not up to par? and maybe your at the limit?

Top speed is 49-51 via gps. I was just seeking to get it in the 55-57 area without having to port or do anything too major.

From my perspective this engine has some problems of concern, ie; crank index, leaking front and rear seals ,etc.

Read the tech articles at www.groupk.com...

just excellent !!!!

also see their recommendsations http://www.groupk.com/p750.htm

In my opinion if you are getting that speed, I'd leave well enough alone.

Need More speed ...purchase a bigger jet ski, but that's just my 2 cents.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Check out the thread started by Santacruz, he basically asked the same question. The extended pump with a 6 vane SS stator should yield you close to 3-4 MPH with no motor mods at all. Seriously consider an aftermarket impeller, but don't get a swirl impeller if you want top end. They are designed for great hook up, not speed. Look into a Nu Jet 5.0 or maybe a Skat Trak Super slim line or Solas 13/18 maybe?

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    Here is my set up, http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...0&postcount=17 Stock my 750 only did 48 to 49 MPH. The extended pump and 6 vein pump are a must. Maximize the power you are already making without touching the engine. The stock 4 blade isn't that bad. The Skat track chart calls for a 13/18, I believe. If you can get an entire 95 or 96 SLX pump, drive shaft and steering cable you'll be set. A lot of guys are swapping in 92 dry pipes, but to be done right it involves a pro CDI, 12/17 impeller, and 44 MM carbs. My advise would be to get the most out of what you have first. You can also try an AAT with the pump.

+1
    http://motors.search.ebay.com/search...ge=search&fgtp=

hope that link works, this guy has all the parts you need.

Here is my set up, http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...0&postcount=17 Stock my 750 only did 48 to 49 MPH. The extended pump and 6 vein pump are a must. Maximize the power you are already making without touching the engine. The stock 4 blade isn't that bad. The Skat track chart calls for a 13/18, I believe. If you can get an entire 95 or 96 SLX pump, drive shaft and steering cable you'll be set. A lot of guys are swapping in 92 dry pipes, but to be done right it involves a pro CDI, 12/17 impeller, and 44 MM carbs. My advise would be to get the most out of what you have first. You can also try an AAT with the pump.

+1
    95 and 96 SLX's are 780's. The 95 has the same stock impller as a 750. The 96 went to a three blade and they both have a 5 vein cast stator.

Does that mean that the 96 three blade is better than the 95 2 blade?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information