Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

After sucking up lure, top speed and rpm's dropped

After sucking up the fishing lure, my top speed dropped 3 mph consistently and I believe my rpm's dropped somewhere between 50-80 rpm's consistently. I was running 66.3 mph on the gps consistently and now it dropped to 63.4. I believe the rpm's were hitting 7800 before and now they are sitting at 7720. The water was perfectly smooth as compared to choppy water last time. Water temp was a little warmer than before and the temp outside was about 10 degrees warmer. I have no mods as of yet, but the pump wedge is sitting downstairs. I don't want to put it on until after I know what, if anything, is wrong. I have to go for my 10 hour check up very soon and I am going to have the dealer look at it. I was told to have them check the prop and the wear ring. Is that correct? Also I am a little worried because mine is going to be the first Ultra 250 to be worked on by this dealer. They bought out another business that was going bankrupt and they are selling SeaDoo's cheap. Tell me what you guys think!

Been around for years...seen it all Kawi-Guy's Avatar
    +1
    Could be fishing wire wrapped around your driveshaft and prop shaft. I'd get it looked at right away

+1
    Its going in on tuesday morning. They are going to do the 10 check-up a few hours early and they are going to check the prop, wear ring, driveshaft, and other spots around the prop. How many hours should it take them to to check the area around the prop? Also, how many rpm's is the stock engine supposed to kick out?

+1
    anybody?

My budies was turning about 7950 at 68.2 MPH. Water was flat at about 50 deg F and air 65. Nice ride. Turned like it was on rails. Good luck getting your speed back.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by erckawasaki View Post
    Its going in on tuesday morning. They are going to do the 10 check-up a few hours early and they are going to check the prop, wear ring, driveshaft, and other spots around the prop. How many hours should it take them to to check the area around the prop? Also, how many rpm's is the stock engine supposed to kick out?
    @ 7700 to 7800 is about the norm

+1
    its in the shop, should find out tomorrow. Was supposed to be today, but the guy called off and the other one had the day off. He was really stretching that long weekend lol.

+1
    They said that it was a gouge in the wear ring and that would cause a 3-5 mph loss. Is this correct? Also, they said that the part was around $300. Does anybody know the part number? Also, how much time should it take to take the old one out and put the new one in? The guy told me that I shouldn't worry about it, but I told him that I want to be back to 68 mph. I still haven't put the pump wedge on cause I want to make sure that it is back to normal before I add the wedge. Thanks in advance guys!

Quote Originally Posted by erckawasaki View Post
    They said that it was a gouge in the wear ring and that would cause a 3-5 mph loss. Is this correct? Also, they said that the part was around $300. Does anybody know the part number? Also, how much time should it take to take the old one out and put the new one in? The guy told me that I shouldn't worry about it, but I told him that I want to be back to 68 mph. I still haven't put the pump wedge on cause I want to make sure that it is back to normal before I add the wedge. Thanks in advance guys!

Talk to IMPROS they should be able to fix the wear ring.

If the part they are talking about it should be the pump housing.

+1
    skip you are correct about the pump housing. They said that I had to buy a new pump. They don't have an individual wear ring to buy and replace with. They said the cost is $296 plus labor. How many hours of labor should that entail. You said talk to impros and they could fix it. Would I just send the old pump to them and they would repair it? If so, I would probably buy the new one and get the old one repaired for the next time I suck up a damn fishing lure lol! How much do you think it would cost to have impros repair it? Skip you are the man! You know your stuff! For my reference, do you think that having a gouge in the housing would cause a 3-5 mph drop and a loss of rpm's?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information