93 SL750 Engine Lockups Videos

I think I might have some crank shaft issues with this motor.....I am including links to a couple of videos for you to listen to. There are some nasty sounds coming from it....prepare yourselves!!!

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Enjoy the long weekend

+1
    is the jet pump on this unit? hard to heard from video clearly but just pull your pump off and pull out your driveshaft. this way you isolate the engine. i might just be that the bearings are gone in the pump and the impeller is locking up b/c it is not centered in the housing. if it still does it then it is in your engine. how does the top end look? cylinders/pistons? if that looks ok i would say you have a bad main bearing. let us know what you find.

p.s. if you need parts give us a call.

Jay

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    The second video with the heads off concerns me. That screech and crank momentarily stopping is not good. If the pump is still attached, try removing the driveshaft and see what happens. If it continues, most likely is a crank problem like Jay said.

www.springbreak-florida.com rgard32's Avatar
    If its the motor i would get an SBT motor and be done with it..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rgard32 View Post
    If its the motor i would get an SBT motor and be done with it..
    UH OH!!!!

+1
    I agree with everyone else in the fact that it is imperative that we know if that's with or without the driveline in tact. That will let everyone know if you've isolated the issue to one or the other like Jay originally said.

Put a little extra dough away for a new starter too!!! All that cranking may eventually take it's toll.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyA View Post
    I agree with everyone else in the fact that it is imperative that we know if that's with or without the driveline in tact. That will let everyone know if you've isolated the issue to one or the other like Jay originally said.

Put a little extra dough away for a new starter too!!! All that cranking may eventually take it's toll.

The driveshaft and the pump are out of the ski. The cylinders have been honed and the pistons have new rings with .019 end gap. The walls look fine (no scoring). I am resigned to the fact that I am going to have to pull it out again(The exhaust manifold is such a pain). This time I will split the case and put in the new crank bearings. I will be sure to take pictures of the damage. I really can't afford 1000 frosties for a new engine when I have already several hundred on the project already.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nu2sport View Post
    The driveshaft and the pump are out of the ski. The cylinders have been honed and the pistons have new rings with .019 end gap. The walls look fine (no scoring). I am resigned to the fact that I am going to have to pull it out again(The exhaust manifold is such a pain). This time I will split the case and put in the new crank bearings. I will be sure to take pictures of the damage. I really can't afford 1000 frosties for a new engine when I have already several hundred on the project already.
    Not that it's your current problem, but your end gap is already out of spec. Limits for a 750 are .008 - .018. I'm not sure if you're aware, but you can't just install crank bearings without having it professionally done. The crank needs to come apart to install them.

Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Not that it's your current problem, but your end gap is already out of spec. Limits for a 750 are .008 - .018. I'm not sure if you're aware, but you can't just install crank bearings without having it professionally done. The crank needs to come apart to install them.
    If I get lucky it may be the bearings on either end of the shaft.

that sounds horrible but if you can do it repetly i bet also its your pump

Thread Information