Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    nu2sport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Madison, IN
    Posts
    34

    93 SL750 Engine Lockups Videos

    I think I might have some crank shaft issues with this motor.....I am including links to a couple of videos for you to listen to. There are some nasty sounds coming from it....prepare yourselves!!!






    Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

    Enjoy the long weekend


  2. #2
    2&4strokepolaristech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oswego,NY
    Posts
    919
    +1
    6
    is the jet pump on this unit? hard to heard from video clearly but just pull your pump off and pull out your driveshaft. this way you isolate the engine. i might just be that the bearings are gone in the pump and the impeller is locking up b/c it is not centered in the housing. if it still does it then it is in your engine. how does the top end look? cylinders/pistons? if that looks ok i would say you have a bad main bearing. let us know what you find.

    p.s. if you need parts give us a call.

    Jay

  3. #3
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,330
    +1
    31
    The second video with the heads off concerns me. That screech and crank momentarily stopping is not good. If the pump is still attached, try removing the driveshaft and see what happens. If it continues, most likely is a crank problem like Jay said.

  4. #4
    www.springbreak-florida.com rgard32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Saint Petersburg,Florida
    Posts
    665
    If its the motor i would get an SBT motor and be done with it..

  5. #5
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,330
    +1
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by rgard32 View Post
    If its the motor i would get an SBT motor and be done with it..
    UH OH!!!!

  6. #6
    Connecticut CrazyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    CT.
    Posts
    8,139
    +1
    1,050
    I agree with everyone else in the fact that it is imperative that we know if that's with or without the driveline in tact. That will let everyone know if you've isolated the issue to one or the other like Jay originally said.

    Put a little extra dough away for a new starter too!!! All that cranking may eventually take it's toll.



    .

  7. #7
    nu2sport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Madison, IN
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyA View Post
    I agree with everyone else in the fact that it is imperative that we know if that's with or without the driveline in tact. That will let everyone know if you've isolated the issue to one or the other like Jay originally said.

    Put a little extra dough away for a new starter too!!! All that cranking may eventually take it's toll.



    .
    The driveshaft and the pump are out of the ski. The cylinders have been honed and the pistons have new rings with .019 end gap. The walls look fine (no scoring). I am resigned to the fact that I am going to have to pull it out again(The exhaust manifold is such a pain). This time I will split the case and put in the new crank bearings. I will be sure to take pictures of the damage. I really can't afford 1000 frosties for a new engine when I have already several hundred on the project already.

  8. #8
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,330
    +1
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by nu2sport View Post
    The driveshaft and the pump are out of the ski. The cylinders have been honed and the pistons have new rings with .019 end gap. The walls look fine (no scoring). I am resigned to the fact that I am going to have to pull it out again(The exhaust manifold is such a pain). This time I will split the case and put in the new crank bearings. I will be sure to take pictures of the damage. I really can't afford 1000 frosties for a new engine when I have already several hundred on the project already.
    Not that it's your current problem, but your end gap is already out of spec. Limits for a 750 are .008 - .018. I'm not sure if you're aware, but you can't just install crank bearings without having it professionally done. The crank needs to come apart to install them.

  9. #9
    nu2sport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Madison, IN
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Not that it's your current problem, but your end gap is already out of spec. Limits for a 750 are .008 - .018. I'm not sure if you're aware, but you can't just install crank bearings without having it professionally done. The crank needs to come apart to install them.
    If I get lucky it may be the bearings on either end of the shaft.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    topeka,ks
    Posts
    3,332
    that sounds horrible but if you can do it repetly i bet also its your pump

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. removal or trimming of "Wall" between engine and fuel tank 93 SL750
    By khemenway in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 03:01 PM
  2. 93 sl750 engine shims
    By buck0123 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-09-2011, 09:53 PM
  3. 93 SL750 Engine Rebuild and Hull Reno
    By Derand in forum Polaris Projects
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-09-2008, 10:28 AM
  4. 93 SL750 return restrictor
    By novanuttz in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 12:20 AM
  5. RPM's of a 93 SL750
    By ph2ocraft in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-12-2006, 12:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •