First time poster, looking for a local shop in san bernardino

hi all,

First time poster here. I just picked up 3 polaris jet skis. SLT700, SLT750, SLT780. I took the 750 to a shop, and asked him to replace the fuel pump(single output) and tune up the carbs. $600 later, and I'm not really sure what he did, I still have the same pump, and it runs like crap. Can anyone recommend a shop in the san Bernardino area? If not there, then the greater Los Angeles Valley? I did find the google page for parts, but none of the shops were in my area.

Thanks
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1248 View Post
    hi all,

First time poster here. I just picked up 3 polaris jet skis. SLT700, SLT750, SLT780. I took the 750 to a shop, and asked him to replace the fuel pump(single output) and tune up the carbs. $600 later, and I'm not really sure what he did, I still have the same pump, and it runs like crap. Can anyone recommend a shop in the san Bernardino area? If not there, then the greater Los Angeles Valley? I did find the google page for parts, but none of the shops were in my area.

Thanks
    Dave
    Welcome to GreenHulk

I do not recall any dealer in Southern California now that is capable of reparing a Polaris Watercraft.
    Usually a small dealer of Polaris ATV, UTV will work in a Polaris Watercraft if and only if they work in others brand of Watercraft.
    Most dealer this day will not work in any Unit older than 10 years Old.
    Also, parts are hard to get, must count in the Aftermarker or Used part market.

Try any big dealer that work on Polaris ATV or Scan Craigslist for any good PWC mechanic.
    Many small shop all around LA, OC.

My best regards Tito

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1248 View Post
    hi all,

Thanks
    Dave
    Also, never tell a mechanic to replace the pump and tune you carbs, why???
    Because that is all they will do, no matter what is wrong with you PWC.

Tell the mechanic you PWC is not running right and if he can find everything is wrong with the watercraft and how much he will charge for the Diagnostic feed and if the diagnostic feed will be part of the repair if you agree to fix the watercraft.

After he give you the estimate of all the repairs you PWC need to run reliable, safe and the warranty or Guarantee of all the repair that will fix you PWC in a way you will be satisfy with the performance of the PWC, Then you choose what repair is more important to do or more necesary to get you PWC safe in the water, this is the time for negotiation and to add any thing else you think can be done to get the PWC better.
    Tell the mechanic to explain every repair in detail looking at you PWC, observe if he had remove any part from the PWC, in this way you will know if he really went through the PWC.
    Try to get the best deal, however do not be a low baller, the mechanic have to eat too.

Best Regards Tito

4. +1 by:

Hi Tito,

I didn't JUST tell him to replace fuel pump and tune the carbs, I also said do what ever needs doing. The carbs had vastly different amounts of gas being pulled into the venturi when they were running. It was bad enough to be seen. The fuel pump replacement is part of a factory recall, that I learned mostly about here on the forums. I'm not looking for a dealer, just a mom and pop, or a used dealer. Someone who may have some experience with Polaris. I am trying to research how to tune the carbs, but I have NEVER been good with adjusting 2 cycle carbs, even when I have only 1 cylinder, much less balancing 3. And I don't have a tank to run these in. Manual says no high speed runs on the garden hose.

Thanks
    Dave

+1
    You can take them to piranha to extreme off of Lakewood Boulevard if you PM me I'll give you their number and you can tell them I sent you may I give you a good deal and they won't give you a run around

Thread Information