2012 FZR Loss of power, salt water on top of spark plugs

Start up I can hit 7500rpm then it kicks down to 5000-5500rpm sometimes it would get power but mostly stays at 5500rpm. Upon inspection, super charger wheel does not spin both ways. The spark plugs have salt water on top of them (def salt water I licked it), there is no salt water in any of the cylinders. Not sure if this is related, last season I noticed the 4th cylinder was intermittently getting little water. What could be causing this?

Quote Originally Posted by RRoD420 View Post
    Start up I can hit 7500rpm then it kicks down to 5000-5500rpm sometimes it would get power but mostly stays at 5500rpm. Upon inspection, super charger wheel does not spin both ways. The spark plugs have salt water on top of them (def salt water I licked it), there is no salt water in any of the cylinders. Not sure if this is related, last season I noticed the 4th cylinder was intermittently getting little water. What could be causing this?
    No replies? A little more info, I changed the SC clutch beginning of this year to the new 2013 model. It seems fine, still loss of power?

+1
    Start up I can hit 7500rpm then it kicks down to 5000-5500rpm sometimes it would get power but mostly stays at 5500rpm.
    Could be a boost leak, injector rail/injectors, maybe intercooler issue, heck even bad gas can cause loss of power, hard to say from here. When did you last change those spark plugs?

How bout a little more info on your ski, is it bone stock or do you have reflash or other mods?

A little more info, I changed the SC clutch beginning of this year to the new 2013 model. It seems fine, still loss of power?
    Did this loss of power start after you changed the clutch or before?

Did you run into shallow water, maybe injest any debris, rocks, shells into the pump, could be something wedged in there, even a tiny bit of debris can cause loss of power; grab a flashlight, inspect the tunnel and impeller carefully.

Does your ski get used often or does it sit for months in a garage? Try some brand new plugs, then add STABIL and fresh gas that might help.
    Last edited by YoYamma; 10-18-2017 at 08:17 PM.

+1
    No reply...

Thread Information