Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

need help, point me in a direction!!!!~

Just finished putting on all mods I bought over the winter from Jerry last night. Includes-RE Blockoffs, stage 1 with the new filter from Riva, rear exhaust and metal washers. Ran it under fresh flush water for a bout 5 minutes in the yard, reved it up, all was great. Went to the river, warmed it up, took of like a rocket to about 73 and all in about 5 seconds it went dead. It sounds now like it is running on two cylinders if you may, idles rough even out of the water now. What in the heck could have possibly happened that fast with the little things I have done? No water of leaks in the boat, nothing visible. Did I leave something off........if so why didnt it do it till a got in the water? I firmly believe its not the charger becase it still runs its just rough and it is with the new washers, tourqued to 22 with red loc tite.....any ideas?
    Last edited by catchme; 05-26-2007 at 07:05 PM. Reason: spelling

did you get any codes...... if not and its the first time running since winter try changing the plugs......hopefully its that simple

Quote Originally Posted by rocko672 View Post
    did you get any codes...... if not and its the first time running since winter try changing the plugs......hopefully its that simple
    No codes, no noise. I just pulled the plugs while you wrote. They look ok, a little dark but not wet. BUT they are the ORIGINAL plugs and it's an 04 RXP. So I will change the plugs and hope but they looked as if they were firing.................

I had the same experience on my first ride of the season after new mods. I thought the worst at first. It turned out to be a fouled plug.

I am betting plugs as well.

Talking Let's hope that's what it is..

Yo Catchme... it's your favorite Yammi rider down the street.. your partner in crime.. I hope it is something as easy as a fouled plug. I was thinking it may be an air problem at first.. too little? Anyway... hope the plugs can be changed and that thing scoots like we expect it to. If not.. I guess I am still faster than you (for the time being)
    talk to you..
    villerugger9 in P.Ville

could the timing need adjusted after the mods???????????????after adding much more air flow????????????

Quote Originally Posted by villerugger9 View Post
    Yo Catchme... it's your favorite Yammi rider down the street.. your partner in crime.. I hope it is something as easy as a fouled plug. I was thinking it may be an air problem at first.. too little? Anyway... hope the plugs can be changed and that thing scoots like we expect it to. If not.. I guess I am still faster than you (for the time being)
    talk to you..
    villerugger9 in P.Ville
    Well right now I'm thinking you hooked up something wrong!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by catchme View Post
    could the timing need adjusted after the mods???????????????after adding much more air flow????????????
    NOPE!
    Did you change the plugs out yet?
    Iam leaning that way also!

Quote Originally Posted by villerugger9 View Post
    talk to you..
    villerugger9 in P.Ville
    it all is making sense to me now, when you have a yamadog lover helping you wrench on your SeaDoo..............the only thing they can do is hook it up worng so they can beat you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information