Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Stg 1 Performance - Questions

Today was my first day out with full Stg 1, Denso IXU27's, RE's & the free mods.

I was only able to make 3 short top speed runs in the same direction but the best was 69.8. However, that was with a topped off fuel tank, 2-3 ft waves, 78 degree water temp, 84 degree outside temp & I was on the seat but tucked down. The revs were spot on @ 8140 - 8160 & the ski ran great; really impressed with the RE's but was hoping for more speed. I think I may be off on the VTS though; I don't have the adj one so I'm not sure what the best position is for top speed runs.

I'm going to a diff place tomorrow that should provide lots of smooth water so any suggestions would be great. Oh BTW my ski only has 11 hrs on it.

Thanks in advance,

+1
    If you're getting almost 70 in 2/3 feet- then you have a very good stage I.

Quote Originally Posted by Flynfox View Post
    Today was my first day out with full Stg 1, Denso IXU27's, RE's & the free mods.

I was only able to make 3 short top speed runs in the same direction but the best was 69.8. However, that was with a topped off fuel tank, 2-3 ft waves, 78 degree water temp, 84 degree outside temp & I was on the seat but tucked down. The revs were spot on @ 8140 - 8160 & the ski ran great; really impressed with the RE's but was hoping for more speed. I think I may be off on the VTS though; I don't have the adj one so I'm not sure what the best position is for top speed runs.

I'm going to a diff place tomorrow that should provide lots of smooth water so any suggestions would be great. Oh BTW my ski only has 11 hrs on it.

Thanks in advance,
    Numbers sound pretty good for those conditions. I imagine you had trouble staying hooked up in 2-3 foot waves? And what do you mean you may be off on the VTS because you don't have the adjustable one? VTS stands for Variable Trim System, so it's adjustable. Set it 2 clicks above neutral. You should see your best speeds right about there, but play with it and see what position produces your best speeds. Proper trim can give you about 1+mph.

Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    If you're getting almost 70 in 2/3 feet- then you have a very good stage I.
    Actually I was able to start in a small cove with a little over 1 foot of chop but I hit the big waves real quick & it was windy.

Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post
    Numbers sound pretty good for those conditions. I imagine you had trouble staying hooked up in 2-3 foot waves? And what do you mean you may be off on the VTS because you don't have the adjustable one? VTS stands for Variable Trim System, so it's adjustable. Set it 2 clicks above neutral. You should see your best speeds right about there, but play with it and see what position produces your best speeds. Proper trim can give you about 1+mph.
    I just meant I wasn't sure what position was best & I thought having the adj VTS was better with the 2 degree Riva wedge. So 2 clicks above neutral? I got the 69.8 either 1 or 2 clicks down & yes the waves beat me to death.

I had all intentions of charting my changes with each mod but I just didn't have the time & like I sd I only have 11 hrs on my ski so I'm just now breaking her in. I'll try it again tomorrow with your tip on the VTS.

Thanks for you insight,

I am running 71.9 on my red one with the stage 1 on flat water.
    68.9 is damn good rough water.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    I am running 71.9 on my red one with the stage 1 on flat water.
    68.9 is damn good rough water.
    Actually it was 69.8.

I'm going to play with the VTS tomorrow & hopefully break 70. Because it was so rough I didn't ride much so I still have a full tank of fuel.

+1
    My wifes stage 1 is running a solid 71.5 with a full tank of fuel..She has all the free mods plus a custom 4 inch air intake...Rpms are 8140-8180..
    So your not far off..

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    My wifes stage 1 is running a solid 71.5 with a full tank of fuel..She has all the free mods plus a custom 4 inch air intake...Rpms are 8140-8180..
    So your not far off..
    That's good to know. I'll have more results tomorrow, if lake conditions are favorable.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynfox View Post
    That's good to know. I'll have more results tomorrow, if lake conditions are favorable.
    Awsume..Let us know...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information