Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry RXP will not start, PLEASE HELP!

Ok so here is what i delt with today. I started my RXP in the parking lot no problem. Then used the learning key to start it as well in parking lot to make sure both keys worked. Had litle issue with learning key however it started. once put it in the water the ski would not start. So i checked all connections and still could not get it started. So i took ski and battery to auto zone to get battery tested. It is a good battery and voltage was alittle low however I think that was from me trying to start it for 30 mins. Once i put battery back in when got back to launch it started and ran out of water . So I turned it off and put in water started it right up no problem. I shut it off to get my water bottle outand the ski would not start back up. I tried both keys got nothung the battery is fully charged and i can hear the started celinod clicking, I get a Soild beep with learning key and 2 beeps with the yello Full bore key. I did have a bad key back in the day. What u guys think it is? PLease help dealer up here closed till tuesday Willing to drive 3 hours to get this fixxed. Any infot be great!

Does it just click when you press the button? IF so, you need a new solenoid. It is the tan part up front by the mpem that connects the two positive battery cables. In the meantime, you could repeatedly press the start button until it starts. You may have to press it up to one billion times, but it will start up...(may have exaggerated a tad on the billion)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP Steve View Post
    Does it just click when you press the button? IF so, you need a new solenoid. It is the tan part up front by the mpem that connects the two positive battery cables. In the meantime, you could repeatedly press the start button until it starts. You may have to press it up to one billion times, but it will start up...(may have exaggerated a tad on the billion)
    just put a metal object ie a spanner across the salonoid and keep it running, you'll have a good day

It does click i can hear it clicking over however seems like not getting anything at the started I am think it maybe the key. How does the keys work in preventing it tonot start does it let the celinod kick over however not let started turn? do u think i can tap on it?

+1
    Maybe this will help. looks like one of the pics's got messed up.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...0267#post60267

Thanks I am going to go test that now.

Ok i am getting 12 volts on both start relay connections. Now testing the primary, how do i get my volt om meter in there? Can i just clamp it around the wires and get a reading?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyRXP15 View Post
    Ok i am getting 12 volts on both start relay connections. Now testing the primary, how do i get my volt om meter in there? Can i just clamp it around the wires and get a reading?
    on the red wire comming off the starter relay going to the starter, are you getting 12 volts when you go to start it? it should read zero and when the button is depressed it should read 12 volts or so. if so then the starter relay is ok.

ok so the connection from the started cel to the starter I am getting a little voltage with the key in and not hitting the start button. When i hit the button I am getting 12+ volts to it. So does it seem like the starter celinoid?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyRXP15 View Post
    ok so the connection from the started cel to the starter I am getting a little voltage with the key in and not hitting the start button. When i hit the button I am getting 12+ volts to it. So does it seem like the starter celinoid?
    looks like the selonoid is ok, now connect the red lead of the volt meter to the post on the starter where the wire connects and the other to an engine ground. see if your getting 12 volts there when you go to start it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	starter.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	26066  
    Last edited by 1FastTrespiper; 05-27-2007 at 11:23 AM. Reason: add

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information