Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar

Hairline Cracks Around My Floor/Cup Holder 06 Sportster

Well after a great day out on the water I found hairline cracks in my 2006 Sportster floor. It's hard to see in the photo but it's at the base of the driver cup holder and the floor. I know another member on this forum had the same problem but I forget the members name. Does anybody know how to repair this?
    Do I have to reinforce it from the bottom before I try to fix the top surface? My sea doo dealer is 100 miles away so I might just have to have it done localy here where I live if I can find a good fiberglass guy. I would do the work myself if I knew what to use....Thanks for any help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM2077.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	985.5 KB 
ID:	26059  

I can't tell from your photo, but your description sounds familiar. I had this problem that occured after my first outing on the '05 bought new. I took mine back to the dealer and they farmed the work out to a fiberglass guy that also reinforced the deck in that area, it has not been a problem to date. I would contact your selling dealer and BRP and supply them with some good hi-res pics, you may be able to get some reimbursement if you have it done locally, it won't be easy but if you are a good negotiator and persistent you might prevail.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0239.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	776.6 KB 
ID:	26065

Mine is also showing some minor spider webbing in that area, I just figured it was going to happen regardless and havent worried about it... yet. At this point I dare not saddle the dealer with any more requests or I may as well forget I ever bought a boat as I will never see it again.

another one here with those cracks. I've been told they are cosmetic and do not affect the integrity of the hull. Not sure how true that is, but they will keep running if they aren't stopped.

TM1?

TM1 did they just use several layers of fiberglass to reinforce the under side inside the ski locker? Do you know if any wood was fiberglasses in to make it stronger? Can you please take some pics of the repair from (inside) the ski locker...and maybe one of the floor. Thanks for any pics or info...

Better Pics Of The Cracks

Here are 2 better photos of the cracks. I sent them to my sea doo dealer today so I'll let you guys know what happens. I also contacted BRP but they of course said to contact my dealer...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spidercracks2.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	846.1 KB 
ID:	26173   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spidercracks4.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	885.0 KB 
ID:	26174  

I have a couple cracks like this on my engine compartment cover. The cracks are right in the area where the latch is.....I just figured it had to do with closing the cover....

I have had these cracks for 2 summers now, I noticed them right away and they have stayed the same. My dealer says that the boat can show these cracks in many places....and not to worry.

So far so good, but I hate having cracks in something so new!!!

I have the same problem with my '06 SCIC. Right by the drivers cup holder. The dealer will not fix it until the crack goes all the way. Strickly a cosmetic flaw. Not covered under warrenty.

I too have the same kind of problem, seems to be a common issue. I wasnt planning on fixing it as it doesnt appear to be a serious issue...yet

Thread Information