Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Metal Clutch Washer Failed ??!!

my friend own 04 RXP..his RPM dropped from 8100 to 6500 so as you all know its a sign of a washer failure..opend the supercharger and changed them to "Metal Washers" and also installed the "spring washers"...tried it today everything was ok but for 5 min and then again to 6500 !!!

so what is the problem any ideas...did the metal washers fail ?!!

How much damaga was cause when he blew the ceramics? Might have damaged something else. Did u reuse the needle bearings or did u buy a new one, they are hard to reuse, maybe u dropped one in the SC???

Have u done the hybrid bearings yet???

Quote Originally Posted by 06viperrxp View Post
    How much damaga was cause when he blew the ceramics? Might have damaged something else. Did u reuse the needle bearings or did u buy a new one, they are hard to reuse, maybe u dropped one in the SC???

Have u done the hybrid bearings yet???
    not that much no engine damage but some bits on the strainer found...i dnt know if he changed the needle bearing but my guess he reused them..and no the hybrid bearing wasnt installed...

My mechanic took 1 look at the needle baerings and made me order a new one because he didnt even want to reuse the one thta was in there, he made a comment to me that if even 1 of the 40 needles fell and got into something it would be a disaster.

I thought maybe some pieces got into the oil pump but I dont think this would happen that quickly to cause the pump to not work...............................Im sure someone will chime in soon to clarify things

correct washers

did u guys use the correct washers for the year boat you have

if you use 04-05 washers in an 06 there will be massive slip

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGS View Post
    did u guys use the correct washers for the year boat you have

if you use 04-05 washers in an 06 there will be massive slip
    yeah the we'v used the correct washers

Quote Originally Posted by 06viperrxp View Post
    My mechanic took 1 look at the needle baerings and made me order a new one because he didnt even want to reuse the one thta was in there, he made a comment to me that if even 1 of the 40 needles fell and got into something it would be a disaster.

I thought maybe some pieces got into the oil pump but I dont think this would happen that quickly to cause the pump to not work...............................Im sure someone will chime in soon to clarify things
    There is no reason why you can't reuse the needle bearings on a low hour sc. You rebuild the SC outside of the ski so I don't see how you could lose a needle bearing in a way that would cause a disaster since it would fall onto the work bench.

I guess all you can do is pull the SC and re-check. At lrast if it's slipping you can't harm yor engine!!

+1
    Might just be the s/c to TB hose didnt get tight enough and it blew off not letting it make any boost. With it going from 8100 right back to 6500 soo soon. The other thing that comes to mind is the gear had a crack from the first fail and when it slipped a couple times it gave and came off the shaft. hopefully it is not the problem. If it is he will be able to take the s/c intake hose off and spin the wheel.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdoo EtR View Post
    my friend own 04 RXP..his RPM dropped from 8100 to 6500 so as you all know its a sign of a washer failure..opend the supercharger and changed them to "Metal Washers" and also installed the "spring washers"...tried it today everything was ok but for 5 min and then again to 6500 !!!

so what is the problem any ideas...did the metal washers fail ?!!
    are the ceramics from the first slippage still in the engine?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information