Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

250x problems please assist

hey seem to be have g some problems with my 250x
    overhauled motor just gone in I brought it blow in up so don't k ow what it was like before hand. runs well on trailer has a slight stumble at idle but other then that no problem starts first pop. first time in the water today and seems to just have no power. gets upto about 50km so 30mph. engine sounds fine just no real grunt getting there also seems to have a little surge every now and then. this was on the standard key on the am I key was way worse. Any ideas on where to start? 15f was blowing it out of the water
    Thanks

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Fuel pressure and fuel flow test

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Supercharger?

+1
    Cams lined up correctly after rebuild?

supercharger is good and showing good boost. cams were lined up with lines top of case but I am starting to think this could be a possibility. fuel was my other thought as even though it has 30l in it I am getting fuel warning

+1
    Reason I ask, I had one a couple of years ago that started and ran perfect, but could not get over 35mph (I don't remember the RPM). Turned out the exhaust cam was off by a tooth.

Real easy for this to happen when you tighten down the cam cover. Once the cam cover is on, and tensioner in, best to rotate the motor over a couple times manually and double check the ticks on the cam sprocket.

-Greg

hey
    Thanks will have another look at it. I put it in Tdc using the timing gear. then pulled chain right over exhaust and counted number of links between tho two lines ended up bang on and hand to hold it while tightening down but I will look at I again is most likely option.
    Thanks

hey
    so whizzed the cam cover off set it up to Tdc by the book and the cams are spot on. I did notice the oil on top of the cam was a little foamy. ran a compression test while I was there with all 4 cylinders coming in at 145psi. did notice the supercharger belt tensioner was backed right off wouldn't expect it to have this much effect or could this possibly have been it?
    Thanks Jesse

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jesseholmes708 View Post
    hey
    so whizzed the cam cover off set it up to Tdc by the book and the cams are spot on. I did notice the oil on top of the cam was a little foamy. ran a compression test while I was there with all 4 cylinders coming in at 145psi. did notice the supercharger belt tensioner was backed right off wouldn't expect it to have this much effect or could this possibly have been it?
    Thanks Jesse
    A loose belt is a big issue for PERFORMANCE
    Tension and re test

hey
    back in the water today. smooth as in trailer now getting proper boost running smooth. in water different story has shudder only gets to 4000rom 25kmh only thing was moved plugs around. seems to be burning a little black too

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information