Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

broke XLL... Any suggestions?

Well like an idiot I let two people ride my XLL today... they were friends of a friend and had been hanging around our group all weekend. When they are coming back I can hear the warning buzzer going off and they say that it says low oil. I get on it to check it out and it is reading 2 bars of oil, so I guess the two of them on it (not real big guys) angled the ski back enough without trimming the nose down to slosh the oil back and register low oil. When I get on it to try and ride it the ski will rev up but barely move (3-4 mph) any suggestions on what they could have done? I tried the reverse lever to see if it was stuck in a neutral position or something but thats not it... I limped it to the boat dock and its on the trailer now. Should I have a compression check done? Any suggestions? I hope I didn't screw up some cylinders because I was just about to spend money on a new ski and if I have to sink money into this one I'll have to wait on getting another one for myself... I can tell you for sure that I am gonna pre-mix from now on even if thats not the problem!

+1
    Put some oil in it first.

If it will rev normaly but barely move.... any chance that they might have sucked up some weeds or something into the grate?

+1
    I have to get some more oil for it since I used the last of it, but it reads two bars. Theres nothing sucked up in it, I already checked that... when it revs up it is not totally normal, it has a slight vibration to it. First thing I did was make such the plug wires were all on but they seem fime. It has waveeaters so that can't be it... no cat anymore so thats not the problem... I'm expecting the worse but hope its something simple

+1
    Check the compression... if they are all good, it's nothing too expensive to fix. Thats all you can do for now. If you have lost a cylinder, it might better for you to part out the boat, since you said you were going to buy another one anyway.

Had a similiar thing happen when my friends kids used my ski. It would rev and vibrate but hardly move. They had sucked up some rocks and one was jamed in the impeller. I couldn't see it from the rear or looking in through the grate. Pulled the pump, removed the rock and smoothed the impeller and it did OK.

+1
    Well after tearing into it we found out that it was a ski rope and piece of bunk carpet that had wrapped deep around the shaft!! It couldn't be seen until it was apart but I am SOOOOO glad that was all it was!

+1
    WHEW!!!!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow93 View Post
    Well after tearing into it we found out that it was a ski rope and piece of bunk carpet that had wrapped deep around the shaft!! It couldn't be seen until it was apart but I am SOOOOO glad that was all it was!

the vibration is always a clue that something is jammed up there for me

+1
    Well I now know for the future!

+1
    Now you can buy that GPR that you want.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information