1st ride w/all the mods

I don't post much on this forum but I read it almost everyday. Without this forum I could never have gotten all these parts on my ski. I really aprreciate everyones help.

Now for the problem. I finally got all the parts on 2 nights ago(except the UMI steering). I tested it on the hose first and everything seemed fine. Took it to Lake Mead and tested it on the trailer for about 10 min. and everything seemed fine. No leaks, idled @1800 RPM. So today I'm finally ready to ride! So I took down to the river at Willow Beach, idle out of the no wake zone with my seat off looking for any leaks. Everything looks fine. Now I pull the trottle, it hesitates a little, then BAM! 8100 RPM and I'm moving! That lasted for about 5 seconds!

Now it still runs, just will not rev and seems to run rough in the water. I made it back to the launch ramp with no other problems. I'm hoping it's only the plugs but maybe I forgot to due something. It has fresh gas. Any suggestions? Thanks, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by maildude View Post

Now it still runs, just will not rev and seems to run rough in the water. I made it back to the launch ramp with no other problems. I'm hoping it's only the plugs but maybe I forgot to due something. It has fresh gas. Any suggestions? Thanks, Jim
    You need to put new plugs in that ski, those were exactly the same symptoms that i had with my ski last year and it was the plugs.

Do you have the shorty woater box installed??? if so your idle out of the no wake zone could have filled the waterbox up.....it has happend to me before...the ski will bog and stumple for a sec....once the water is evacuated fromt he box its all good....

Well I put in a new set of plugs and it revs fine on the hose. I finally got a chance to take it back to the lake today and still only revs to 5800 RPM. Could it be the lack of boost? I'm going to recheck all the clamps and order a gauge. Any other suggestions? Thanks

I found the problem. Hose clamp on the IC was off. Thanks, Jim

Lake Mead! I love that lake, never been on it, but the imfamous Pamala and Tommy video was made there!

Oh yeah, it was a fine movie! I would have gladly given Pam a ride that day!

Damn I didnt know they made that flick on lake mead

Maildude...how often do you ride there?? I live in Southern Highlands by Cactus and Decatur! I'm glad to finally find someone on the boards who lives right by me!
    In fact, speaking of beautiful lakes...I'm struggling to find a way out to Lake Powell!!!! Talk about a sexy lake.....we should hook up and make the drive that way

I'm planning on riding in lake mead tomorrow (sunday) in the morning/mid-day hours or so. Wanna meet up?
    Not to hijack the thread but I have an '05 rxp (nearly stock)....

Sean

Thread Information