Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Random stuff from my project, w/pics

Hey yall. Thanks so much for all your help on this project. Waiting on some gaskets and fuel line before I can get the motor back into the boat so thought I'd put up some pics and ask some questions. First of all, the drive shaft bumpers. I was careful taking the drive shaft out as to not lose the bumpers, but I think I only have one as it is. Is that what it looks like from these pics??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 070.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	26095   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 071.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	26096  

Next I was wondering how come one of my exhaust ports would be dry like this while the others are wet looking?

Name:	Picture 073.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	26097  

Is this the stock ride plate? How about stator? (is that what the piece in front of the impeller in the last pic is called?)

Name:	Picture 078.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	26098   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 084.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	26099  

Guess thats all the questions I have, just thought I'd put up some pics. Sorry they're so huge! Heres a pic of the bumper on my Dad's Explorer after the flywheel finally came off the motor...and hit his car

Name:	Picture 080.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	26100  

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    First you do need one more DS bumper. No, that ride plate is not stock, it's an extended aftermarket plate. And the stator (pump) is an aftermarket SS 6 vane. (very good) The dry manifold shouldn't be used to judge anything. How does the piston top look in that cylinder? If it is black and dry looking, it's lean.

Thanks xlint. I dont know what could have happened to that bumper...could still be in the motor, will have to check. If it isnt, where can I get one? I got this boat from my boss and he said there used to be some performance parts on it, so I thought the ride plate might be one since it didnt look stock. What are the benefits to the extended plate, I feel like it would keep the nose down more. I thought I had read that the stator was not 6 vane stock, which is why I thought to ask about it. What are the benefits to this? Well, the piston that dry manifold goes to is the one that I replaced and I think is running lean. Just noticed it was dry and the others werent. Will have to see if it is getting gas when I get everything back together.

+1
    It is most likely inside the impeller.(bumper) Extended plates do keep the nose down, which helps it get up on plane quicker. It does however limit speed slightly, because you want as much of the boat out of the water as possible. They do also help with handling problems on 2 seaters, but SLT's usually don't have porpoising problems. The 6 vane stator is more efficient than the stocker, and is almost indestructable. The aluminum vanes of a stock one are usually damged by some debris being sucked through the pump, thus reducing performance. The cylinder was lean on fuel or had an air leak somewhere.
    Last edited by xlint89; 05-27-2007 at 10:58 PM.

+1
    If you can "find" some $$$ somewhere, look into an extended jet pump. With the parts you have, it would be a nice combo that would yield another 2-3 MPH with no Motor mods whatsoever.

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    The bumper might be in the drive shaft coupler on the end of the motor. Looks like a power carve ride plate. Keep them parts on there.

ok yall after rock climbing in Colorado for a week I'm back and anxious to get this boat in the water! While I was waiting for the parts I pulled the rails and trim off and painted it black. It looks alot better but I still have the purple hood. Had a few ideas on how to change that, but painting it myself was the only cost effective option, and I dont think it would turn out so well. I dont have a booth and keeping the dog hair off of the rub rails was hard enough :P Would this hood fit my boat? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Polar...35694135QQrdZ1
    I was also thinking, what if I sprayed just the section where the louvers are, and covered the rest of the hood with black vinyl, essentially making the hood a big sticker. Any thoughts on that? Just trying to come up with something that will be cheap/easy and look good. If that hood will fit that would be a good option! Will be recovering the seat black (could get hot in the summer in GA but the teal isnt really doing it for me ) within the next week probably. Am also planning to get some black polaris decals cut for the rear sides, as I have removed the pink/purple ones. Should look pretty swank...just wanted to ditch the purple to make it look a little less...well...dated I suppose

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information