Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    95mph FZR FZeeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,765
    +1
    456
    Wow maybe change the title of your thread since it was very inaccurate and misleading. These guys clearly weren’t cheating.

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    67
    +1
    3
    My 2 cents on the event from a fans perspective not a racer. I was in town on business and Jim from Jim's performance suggested I come to the drags, so I decided to stay over to watch the event. So once again my 2 cents on the event 1. I saw some amazing trucks and jet ski's. 2. Everyone was extremely friendly and allowed me to look at their ski's and even told me some "top secret" tricks... 3. I'ts F...cking hard to time the start.... 4. Angelica on Jim's performance sponsored ski is amazing!!!I found the event very entertaining and would return. I hope they get the rules taken care of and get ride of the bullshit gray areas...

  3. #23
    95mph FZR FZeeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,765
    +1
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by tusk View Post
    My 2 cents on the event from a fans perspective not a racer. I was in town on business and Jim from Jim's performance suggested I come to the drags, so I decided to stay over to watch the event. So once again my 2 cents on the event 1. I saw some amazing trucks and jet ski's. 2. Everyone was extremely friendly and allowed me to look at their ski's and even told me some "top secret" tricks... 3. I'ts F...cking hard to time the start.... 4. Angelica on Jim's performance sponsored ski is amazing!!!I found the event very entertaining and would return. I hope they get the rules taken care of and get ride of the bullshit gray areas...
    Always a good time with Jim, and Vic (Angelica’s dad)

  4. #24
    Bob 1tommygunner1927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    6,297
    +1
    949
    Quote Originally Posted by FZeeR View Post
    Wow maybe change the title of your thread since it was very inaccurate and misleading. These guys clearly weren’t cheating.
    .....

  5. #25
    ksalles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Slidell, La.
    Posts
    1,781
    +1
    303
    As mentioned, the interpretation of the rules are what gives some individuals the upper hand and edge when their interpretation can be used to their advantage for performance gains. What needs to be understood is, there are so many different views and opinions on how the drags should be run, but Mikey can only do what him and his staff can physically do. We've only been attending the events since 14', but Mikey has ALWAYS been open to suggestions from not only the racers, but spectators as well. What also needs to be understood is that Mikey puts individuals in charge of certain aspects and duties of the race, and they make the call on how it's handled. Regardless of the outcome of this event from an individual's viewpoint, it all boils down to us having a venue where we can all get together, compete, and hang out. The wealth of knowledge that is out there is unbelievable once you open your eyes and become a part of the racing community in which makes this sport thrive. I personally saw Mikey asking SEVERAL individuals how the event was going, did they have any suggestions, "what do you think about...", etc in effort to make the event run more smoothly and fair to the individuals in competition. We all need to put forth effort to continue a venue and avenue to not only compete, but have the opportunity to hang out with each other, share information, and make memories from a sport that we're so passionate about. Talking about mods online, sharing information and videos here, etc, is great...but seeing it all in action and how it stacks up on race day to the next crew is what really matters. In my opinion we all need to come together and put forth efforts to keep the drags alive. To often individuals have problems and concerns, but don't have a true solution and interest in rectifying their concern. Promoting this sport and keeping it afloat is no easy task. We're VERY FORTUNATE to have these sanctioned events and need to do what we can in effort to keep it alive. Keith

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    67
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by ksalles View Post
    As mentioned, the interpretation of the rules are what gives some individuals the upper hand and edge when their interpretation can be used to their advantage for performance gains. What needs to be understood is, there are so many different views and opinions on how the drags should be run, but Mikey can only do what him and his staff can physically do. We've only been attending the events since 14', but Mikey has ALWAYS been open to suggestions from not only the racers, but spectators as well. What also needs to be understood is that Mikey puts individuals in charge of certain aspects and duties of the race, and they make the call on how it's handled. Regardless of the outcome of this event from an individual's viewpoint, it all boils down to us having a venue where we can all get together, compete, and hang out. The wealth of knowledge that is out there is unbelievable once you open your eyes and become a part of the racing community in which makes this sport thrive. I personally saw Mikey asking SEVERAL individuals how the event was going, did they have any suggestions, "what do you think about...", etc in effort to make the event run more smoothly and fair to the individuals in competition. We all need to put forth effort to continue a venue and avenue to not only compete, but have the opportunity to hang out with each other, share information, and make memories from a sport that we're so passionate about. Talking about mods online, sharing information and videos here, etc, is great...but seeing it all in action and how it stacks up on race day to the next crew is what really matters. In my opinion we all need to come together and put forth efforts to keep the drags alive. To often individuals have problems and concerns, but don't have a true solution and interest in rectifying their concern. Promoting this sport and keeping it afloat is no easy task. We're VERY FORTUNATE to have these sanctioned events and need to do what we can in effort to keep it alive. Keith
    Great Post!!! We need to focus more on the positives of the event and not on the negatives....Like I said in earlier post it seemed more people had a good time than not.

  7. +1 by:


  8. #27
    Connecticut CrazyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    CT.
    Posts
    8,123
    +1
    1,047
    I used to be involved in a form of racing alongside my father. The rules were so open to interpretation that some of us, (including my father and I) got so good at making the rules work to our advantage that it caused a major uproar in the racing community. We did not cheat. There was simply too much wiggle room in the rulebook. What they eventually did was institute a rule that stated "If it doesn't explicitly say that you CAN do it, then you CANT". It actually seemed to work pretty good for something that sounds so simple and crazy.

    Anyhow, it seems as though things are better on this thread, however, what about calling that guy out for being drunk? Was he shitfaced or not? A couple of you said that he was…

  9. #28
    Mikey he's the promoter of the races my wife and my friends sister was approached by him and they backed off away from him and he was saying that he wasn't going to hurt anybody but they were freaking out because he was so drunk!

  10. #29
    "just sayin".. jetdave56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    JERSEY SHORE
    Posts
    4,490
    +1
    616
    Jersey Shore Drag Racing rules...

    1) a 100 posts of pre race social media Smack Talk

    2) run what you brung drag racing with "call outs" or one on one Challenges

    3) After race hang out on the sand bar or cove and drink Beer and more Shit Talk����


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. All Your Official 2017 Mark Hahn Memorial 300 Registration And Rules
    By Rustymuscle in forum The Watercraft Journal
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2016, 12:10 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-17-2011, 09:01 PM
  3. Stock Class / APBA Rules
    By T5Racing in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-10-2009, 06:29 PM
  4. Watertop Fall Rally - Hydrodrag And Poker Run Info
    By Green Hulk in forum Race Events and News
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 10:13 PM
  5. Watertop Fall Rally - Hydrodrag And Poker Run Info
    By Green Hulk in forum Southeast
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 08:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •