+1

Not Meant To Spark A Debate!!!

As the title states, this is not meant to spark a debate, just to share info that seems to be out there. It is not about which oil is better!!!
    This is motorcyle related, but our watercraft are under extreme loads and a lot of info can be crossed over from motorsport to motorsport.
    Take it for what it is...

Attached Files Attached Files

Makes sense, I am running 40-1 as Al said to do so. I have pulled mine after 10 hours of hard riding. They look fine, I think the diffence might be is have a constant water supply that is a always fresh on ours? I am no expert, But I have been a mechanic on two strokes since detroit had them in heavy trucks. That was a loud ho!!

+1
    Yeah, he's doin everything right except using AV gas

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyA View Post
    As the title states, this is not meant to spark a debate, just to share info that seems to be out there. It is not about which oil is better!!!
    Come on Crazy, you know if he was running Redline, it would have been ok

I've seen that document before...50:1 is definitely too lean for a high output 2 stroke run at heavy loads. I run my CR250 at 32:1...

+1
    40:1 on a PWC works pretty sweet wether it be Amsoil, Redline or any other reputable oil.
    The which oil is best debate is over and retarded as far as I'm concerned.
    Now I think if you get into a heavily modded engine, testing the oils would be a smart thing to do. The torque loads, RPM's and a dozen or so other considerations need to be made when testing the oils for your ride and/or against one another.
    One oil, just as one fuel, may or may not work for your particular application.
    One thing is for certain, brand loyalty is a tough subject.

+1
    I love 2 stroke oils... all of 'em!!!!

I agree about any of them being fine these days. It was more about the claim of being able to run less oil with certain brands, and that includes RedLines claim. I've since moved on and use other brands as well as RedLine....

+1
    Ran 50:1 on my GPR running 8000rpms for hours on end. This was amsoil. Never saw an oil related failure (crank snout, burned a head gasket, fuel pump diaphram, collapsed head, pump failures, etc) but never any wear issues.

Never ran more than 32:1 on my SLTX, or my Triple piped X45. Our triple piped SLTX used the stock oil injection with the GroupK 38's, rejetted.

Of course that Yami nikisil is some of the best around. None of the aftermarket nik-shops could match it's durability.

Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    The which oil is best debate is over and retarded as far as I'm concerned.
    Now I think if you get into a heavily modded engine, testing the oils would be a smart thing to do.
    Can't agree more. FWIW, Polaris has had some issues with their new 600HO CFI engines burning up due to a lean oil pump setting. When taking the fuel used and dividing it by oil used, they were averaging out to leaner than 100:1! I had a Johnson 5 horse outboard and it only called for 100:1. That poor motor only ever ran WOT. I see OMC/BRP has moved back to 50:1.

Thread Information