Whats the best bang for the Buck on a 95sl750 !!

I have been doing research, (Scary I know). I have found that a six vein housing ads 1-2 mph in chop. But an extended pump housing adds 2-3 mph in the chop. Would it be best to start with an extended pump setup, then work from there. Or just add a 6 vein, ride-plate, and intake grate first. My current set-up yields 50-51 mph on glass. I am not seeking a 60 mph ski. I know this is very expensive if not impossible. I would like to hear from the guru's to point me in the proper direction.. Please guys, any help greatly appreciated. Also, whats the stock pitch prop, do they differ from a 780-750. What the best to go to?
    Last edited by gvnitup; 05-28-2007 at 08:48 AM. Reason: stupid

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    Go with the extended pump first in my book. It will make the ski plane out faster and give a much better ride. Throw on the extended ride plate too. It's a must with the longer pump. The extended pump works in all conditions not just chop. If money is an issue. You can go with an intake grate, then a ride plate, then the extended pump and lastly the 6 vein. Does your machine still have the stock 4 blade impeller? If so it's a progressive pitch and I'm not sure what it is. Sponsons will also help with handling. What water conditions do you ride in?

Money is an issue, I am just trying to make progressive, Necessary steps. I dont want to blow the bank over something that isnt needed. I have a 95sl750, three outlet fuel pump, Boysen reeds, 780 carbs. Premix. I have a rend extended ride plate and grate. I want to purchase an extended pump setup complete for 300.00 complete with steering cable from a 96 slx 780.
    I just want to make sure it will help me rather than keep me where I am. I ride on some pretty rough water. people seem to keep 3-4 foot waves. We try to stay out of them, But sometimes you just cant help it. I love the way my 750 handles. I just wish it didnt unload so easy. And beat you half to death. Compared to my wifes slt 780. My 750 is a toy in rough water. I just figured the difference was Hulls..
    Sorry for the long reply, I guess my question is. If I purchase the extended pump setup from a 96 slx 780, it will be a pretty good improvement on my 750 correct?
    Thanks for the help..

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    That (long pump) will help you with speed and handling. And then you can always sell yours and add the 6 vane later with some of the $$ you get from your pump.

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    Correct! Sounds like you have a good start already. I'm not sure which intake grate you have but for the rough water the big wing R&D would be my choice. Don't worry about long replies the more info you give the better. Now I can say stick with the stock 4 degree wedge for the chop. It's the wedge that will come with that pump set up. A 6 degree would be for smooth water on the SL hull. You are correct the SLT hull is much better in the rough stuff. By lengthening your SL with the extended pump it will improve your ski, but it will never be a SLT.

Thread Information