Thread: Attwood Fan

+1

Attwood Fan

Just fitted my Attwood 4inch fan in the air intake will be on when the motor is running seem's to shift alot of air when static. Tests will only tell, has anyone had any good results from this can only help to shift the hot air out from the hull ??

Please let me know your thoughts can be removed on the water if no good also i have attached a picture
    Thanks
    Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5280030.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	3.06 MB 
ID:	26170  

RXT:
    I put one in the front intake sucking in and one in the rear vent to blow hot air out. The front one I cut a hole in the vent tube just above the gas tank and mounted at 90 deg to the hose so it blows directly on my 4" intake. I also put flo-rite fabric over the intake vent at the front of the seat so as to minimize water injestion. The rear one I just mounted in a 4" hose pushed into the stock vent connector. I got good results but it was not measureable. The hull definately runs cooler and I know it's breathing better so it has to help but I did not measure 100 rpm increase, etc. I'd recommend flo-rite material over your intake vent too.

Here's mine, Like Lafjax said it keeps the inside hull temps down for sure. Gains?? maybe minimal.. One is routed directly to the FA's (not a 4 tec)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	26172  

+1
    Sweet,
    Thanks for the replys Where can i get some flow-rite fabric from now back in the UK so could be hard to find unless i could have some sent from the USA .

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by steved View Post
    Sweet,
    Thanks for the replys Where can i get some flow-rite fabric from now back in the UK so could be hard to find unless i could have some sent from the USA .

Steve
    I got the flo-rite material here: Outerwears.com - title. They have it available by the square foot, I bought and 18 x 24" piece so I would have plenty. I could not find the fabric by itself on their site so I called them and the nice lady had it available. You may have to call them. I do not have a part number for the bulk stuff. If you pm me I can call them for you and find out a part number you can order on line with...

+1
    steve you have been busy...land back in the uk this morning from states grab few hours sleep then in the garage fitting fans...
    hope you did not bring anything else for the rxp back its getting harder and harder to keep the gpr in front..(by nothing)..
    think i will get jackie to find you a few jobs around the house to slow your arse down and keep you from modding the ski....
    took a look at water and glad we never got time out there the winds were crazy out there
    Last edited by Hydrotherapy; 05-28-2007 at 06:00 PM.

Thread Information