4-tecs and coolant usage??

As I had the rear hatch off of my S200 this morning pulling the superchargers off I notice the coolant was at the low mark in one tank and only about 1/4 full in the other tank. Now since they are way up under there frankly I've never really checked they before (yeah stupid me) so I can't say where they were at before. I brought the boat in for the 10 hour service last fall, used the boat a couple of times after that and then once this summer.

Has anyone else useing coolant or is this common and I'm worried about nothing?? I'll top them off now so I will be able to tell more when I take it out next time.

Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar
    When My boat was new and After the first time out on my 06 Sportster 4-tech the coolant level did go down low. It's because the factory never really burped all the air out of the cooant system. Just add some distilled water to the jug and bring it to the cold minimum mark when engine is cold and on a level trailer. I changed the coolant before I stored it last winter and I went with a brand called PRIME that is a ready 50/50 mix. It also says you can add it to any color coolant. Have a great summer!

coolant

just make sure u use stuff approved for aluminum. I also used some "water wetter"...works great on the bike so I hope it helps here too.

Thanks for the info guys. I will fill it up now and just watch it from here on out. At least I'll know it's full and even now. Oh and good idea on the water wetter too cyoungesq. I will add a half bottle to each tank.

Paul

Thread Information