Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dreams of RXP=shot down..

My dad went to a boat show yesterday and the sales guy told him it has to much power for a family ski he said get a gtx sc....What do you guys think. I really like the rxp and the community that has grown around it and i want to be a part of it. What is the second fastest 2 seater out there. I dont want a three seater because we would pull with our boat not ski. thanks for opinions.

wake, The GTX SC is by no means a slouch...with jus a few mods I`m doing 64-65mph... even new out of the box it would do 62+.

You will like the handleing of the GTX hull...

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    fastest 2 seater = rxp
    2nd fastest 2 seater.... 06 GP1300R
    3rd fastest 2-seater... HONDA

that's all the 2-seaters left in the market...

no matter what 4-tec seadoo ski u get, ur still welcome ehre man! this site isn't JUST for rxps / rxts.... it's for EVERY single ski in the seadoo lineup (except the 3D, but even they are welcome here)

the GTX SC is a waste of a ski. i'm a salesman for seadoo also, and i tell people the GTX SC is a waste ni the 06 line-up. either you are gonna go entry level for family fun with a GTI or 155 HP GTX or you are going to buy the RXT with enough power to haul 3 heavy passengers and still have alot of agressive fun on the water.

the difference in price between the GTX SC and RXT is 700 bucks... that's NOTHING! 30 HP for 700 bucks is a steal, and IN MY OPINION at this point in the game it would be a mistake to buy the GTX SC. no point ni having a middle of the road ski, either go entry level and affordable, or go top of the line so u don't roll out of the showroom knowing you are already outdated.

you would think the salesman u talked to would push u to the RXT because there's more markup in that unit than the GTX SC, so it's his chance to make extra money also.

Where are you from??

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    the GTX SC is a waste of a ski.
    What??? ...PR...

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    LOL... no offense PR in 03 and 04 by all means, it was THE ski for 3-seaters. now, i find it useless as a salesman. they don't sell at all, and their price is not a bargain when u can get jsut a little less pwoer for ALOT cheaper, or a ton more pwoer for jstu a few bucks more. all consumers either go bottom road, or top road... the middle road ski GTX SC just makes no sense to buy in 06 and even consumers know that, that's why i can't sell them as fast as i sell GTIs, NA GTXs, and RXTs.

Yeah ive thought about rxt or gp1300r...i dont really want a thee seater because i want some what of a playful hull...also the lake i ride in usually has minimal chop. I live in North west Arkansas.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    LOL... no offense PR in 03 and 04 by all means, it was THE ski for 3-seaters. now, i find it useless as a salesman. they don't sell at all, and their price is not a bargain when u can get jsut a little less pwoer for ALOT cheaper, or a ton more pwoer for jstu a few bucks more. all consumers either go bottom road, or top road... the middle road ski GTX SC just makes no sense to buy in 06 and even consumers know that, that's why i can't sell them as fast as i sell GTIs, NA GTXs, and RXTs.
    I understand , I`m sure if the RXT was out when we up-graded I would have bought that...Now I have alot invested in the GTX SC to even consider getting rid of it, Thousands of dollars later and only 77 hrs on it...I `m gonna keep it and maybe a few years from now if the Mrs. is interested enogh to have her own we`ll see about getting another. But that all depends on where we are living at that moment...PR...

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    Steve thanks for the loving compliment. Just remember that when i bust your ass with my GTX this summer in OC. Love ya bro. I see what you're saying but all i have to say is once upon a time i had the fastest seadoo made and soon i'll be teaching RXPs and RXTs a lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by 01xdime
    Steve thanks for the loving compliment. Just remember that when i bust your ass with my GTX this summer in OC. Love ya bro. I see what you're saying but all i have to say is once upon a time i had the fastest seadoo made and soon i'll be teaching RXPs and RXTs a lesson.
    Not without an engine in your ski.....

So stop all this talk and get that b@#%$ packed up!!!

Re: Dreams of RXP=shot down..

Quote Originally Posted by wakeborder556
    My dad went to a boat show yesterday and the sales guy told him it has to much power for a family ski he said get a gtx sc....What do you guys think.
    I think the dealer is full of it. It has what you want in a family ski as far as Im concerned. Power for towing a tube or something, storage space, and you can ride two people on it. Maybe 3 depending on how big they are (Steve ).

If your dad won't get you the RXP because of what the dealer said, then get a GP1300R. If you can find a leftover in an '05 GPR take it, because I think (correct me if Im wrong) the only change from the '05 to '06 GPR is the color scheme, so the '05 will be cheaper. I wish I had a GPR along with my RXP.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information